Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Earning 100% EQM on a LH ticketed flight? (getting 2 different answers from UA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning 100% EQM on a LH ticketed flight? (getting 2 different answers from UA)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

UA or LH mileage rules for LH ticketed flight -- getting 2 different answers from UA

I'm booking a ticket that goes USA-FRA-Baku

I've been given two answers from UA reps, so hopefully someone can clarify:

It's a LH issued ticket with LH flight numbers - Fare class V both segments.
1st segment is operated by United.
2nd segment operated by LH
trying to credit all to my UA MP

UA rep is telling me that since it has LH flight numbers, mileage credit goes by LH's rules since they are giving the miles to UA -- which gives me 750 miles apparently for FRA-Baku segment
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000216

However, other UA rep says it goes by UA rules since I'm crediting there, which is 100% eqm for all segments in V.

Thanks for any clarification..

Last edited by jack5432; Aug 22, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:40 pm

It doesn't matter who issued the ticket.

What matters is the flight that you are on.

If the first segment is operated by United, you will accrue miles based on the standard United accrual chart for any UA flight. The fact that it is booked as an LH flight # on LH ticket stock is irrelevant.

If the second segment is booked on LH metal (LH operating it), then it will accrue the miles per the LH accrual chart on united.com http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=298

According to this, a V fare on an LH operated flight you will earn 100% of flown miles.

The operating carrier determines the accrual along with ticketed fare basis. Only time it gets confusing is if the flight is booked as a code share. But UA and LH always have the same fare code for their code share (V fare on LH flight # = V fare on UA equivalent flight #.)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ualboston1k
It doesn't matter who issued the ticket.

What matters is the flight that you are on.

If the first segment is operated by United, you will accrue miles based on the standard United accrual chart for any UA flight. The fact that it is booked as an LH flight # on LH ticket stock is irrelevant.

If the second segment is booked on LH metal (LH operating it), then it will accrue the miles per the LH accrual chart on united.com http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=298

According to this, a V fare on an LH operated flight you will earn 100% of flown miles.

The operating carrier determines the accrual along with ticketed fare basis. Only time it gets confusing is if the flight is booked as a code share. But UA and LH always have the same fare code for their code share (V fare on LH flight # = V fare on UA equivalent flight #.)

Thanks. That's what I thought. Got confused when the UA elite desk was telling me it would go by LH's own rules since they issue them the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.