Search

Pricing Advice: SFO-OMA-SAN-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
Pricing Advice: SFO-OMA-SAN-SFO

Hi all

Could use some advice. I'm trying to do a combined work / pleasure trip. Per company policy, I'm trying to book SFO-OMA-SAN via my corporate travel desk and SAN-SFO on my own.

I want to fly into OMA on the 4th of September and to SAN on the 6th, and want to arrive in SAN as early as possible. Last week I was able to find a reasonable fare on OMA-DEN-SAN (UA1115, UA763). Now it has shot up by over $200 and is no longer permissible under my corporate travel policies. There are cheaper flights that are within policy but they get into SAN much later.

So my questions are: why did it shoot up and should I expect it to come down? Should I wait a few days, or bite the bullet and buy the cheaper flight even though it's not what I want?

I would consider any options that get me into OMA on the 4th and into SAN as early as possible on the 6th.

Thanks, as always, in advance!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
"So my questions are: why did it shoot up and should I expect it to come down?"

Are you familiar with that obscure economic theory of supply and demand?

But seriously, just book the later cheaper flight and go stand by or SDC to the flight you want. You are a 1K so it should be pretty easy for you.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.