Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I like the CSR uniforms - They look a bit like the ones currently worn by GS agents.

I think, however, the FA and CSR uniforms are too similar. They should create more differentiation and should also have incorporated a nice dress.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 2:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I think the uniforms look pretty good actually. I also think they used the models from the UA safety cards to model the outfits
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I think the uniforms are attractive for SQ, 9W or VX, but how are they going to look on, the ahem, full figured
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's not jump to conclusions yet... there aren't photos of the actual pieces on actual people yet as these are just artist impressions. So let's wait to see the real thing!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by grteyes2
BTW when was the last time you saw an female FA/GA under 30, 5"8 and a size 4. pr male counterpart over 6" and 150?
Any uniform looks great when it's drawn on impossibly slender figures. Let's see how this one looks on someone with Cartman proportions.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
It just look exactly UA mixed with CO...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garykung
They seem to be doing a lot of that lately...maybe it's Jeff's custom design?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by garykung
My initial reaction was that these look like the current CO uniforms just in black instead of blue.

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Let's not jump to conclusions yet... there aren't photos of the actual pieces on actual people yet as these are just artist impressions. So let's wait to see the real thing!
I am certainly not 'wowed' by those pictures....the word that comes to mind is boring. I hope they look a lot better on actual people. I certainly think the DL outfits are nicer.

The fact that the new UA and the designer that had been working on the UA uniforms 'parted ways' is discouraging but not surprising. Who would want their name on uniforms made of cheesecloth-like material?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Renard
My initial reaction was that these look like the current CO uniforms just in black instead of blue.
Clearly a different cut and, by all indications, a completely different material. For uniform wearers, I think fit and durability are a much bigger concern then style. Hopefully their concerns are addressed.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:35 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Renard
The fact that the new UA and the designer that had been working on the UA uniforms 'parted ways' is discouraging but not surprising. Who would want their name on uniforms made of cheesecloth-like material?
That sounds like a Project Runway challenge - design a uniform using materials you can find on a plane.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They seem to be doing a lot of that lately...maybe it's Jeff's custom design?
He should design his own uniform - the uniform for CEO.

So when the next 10MM arrives in a hub, he can wear that and greet him

(Sorry for all the ladies...AFAIK...male have more chances in this case due to how the society evolves)
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Here's an AFA update on the new uniforms. "Wear tests" are proceeding apace with the new garments.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
These are OK I guess, but I wish for their sake they would do something more memorable. In good taste, of course.

You remember female attendants on a Silk Air or Singapore Airlines flight. Even on a Korean Air. Even Southwest has its own distinctive style. But on a United, it is, well, unremarkable.

Well, sizewize, unfortunately, United is simply a fair reflection of the state of American wastelines these days. Something we should do something about for all our sakes.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Shocked they chose CO black over UA navy
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Shocked they chose CO black over UA navy
CO uniforms are navy as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.