Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by SFOtoORD
And of course since some random crew member on A.net said it, this will now become fact in this forum.
Well, this is pretty much what happened, so score one for A-net.

At least there is an absence of the tacky, almost brassy Continental 'Gold Bling' in the drawings - but I understand with the price of gold being what it is, that the golden-laden fantasies of the Houston contingent (yes, they wanted gold gold gold gold gold!) who were somewhat responsible for the demise of the Cynthia Rowley designs, will also have to do without some of that bling....
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Will a new uniform make the service any better? IOW, are the FAs excited about it?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOtoORD
And of course since some random crew member on A.net said it, this will now become fact in this forum.
in all honesty, i only posted that information because i heard it nearly verbatim a few weeks ago from a little birdie.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
Would you actually have paid to have this designed and made?

BTW when was the last time you saw an female FA/GA under 30, 5"8 and a size 4. pr male counterpart over 6" and 150?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: VAG
Well these are... alright. I'd have to see how they look on people who aren't cartoon human-mantis hybrids though.

Still disappointing. I was really hoping for a spot of colour to brighten up the dull-as-dishwater United cabins.

On a broader note, I don't think that "business suit" is the right look for a flight attendant at all, it's too high status. Let the customers wear the suits.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by grteyes2
Would you actually have paid to have this designed and made?
The upfront costs for design are likely supported by the manufacturer and I'd estimate direct costs to the company are under seven figures. Time spent by employees would add to that of course.

Originally Posted by Jorgen
On a broader note, I don't think that "business suit" is the right look for a flight attendant at all, it's too high status. Let the customers wear the suits.
What are flight attendants supposed to wear then?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1k Million Miler
Originally Posted by sxf24
What are flight attendants supposed to wear then?
Red tracksuits and walk around with bullhorns to keep the passengers in line
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by n9536j
Red tracksuits and walk around with bullhorns to keep the passengers in line
So basically Sue Sylvester from Glee?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Still disappointing. I was really hoping for a spot of colour to brighten up the dull-as-dishwater United cabins.
They actually may act as camoflage in the CO cabins, given how dark they are
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by sxf24
So basically Sue Sylvester from Glee?
Whoa, like you're reading my mind...
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mduell
Will a new uniform make the service any better? IOW, are the FAs excited about it?

They should be. Imagine a disgruntled FA in a brand new uniform watching the Smisek video telling them they're the FINEST people in the business.

It's the magic bullet to all of UA/CO's labor problems.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:36 pm

Except, you know, most customers don't dress any classier than sweats and a tshirt.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:05 am

Thumbs down

This uniform looks boring u think that they would try and out do Delta but geez these uniforms are jus plan.

Delta took time and did an outstanding job with there branding to the way the widget logo in red pops out with the blue back drop at all the ticket counter and gates. When u look at UA new ticket counters in ORD there to much white and no colors pop out at you, just a lot of white and gray, now I do like the P Access back drop those are nice shades of blues thats what they should have went with through out the lobby. Even DL gates are nice they take the time to paint there gates with shades of red and blue with the DL logo, UA gates? Plan and white u think they would put up a big globe in shades of gray and blue nope jus plan ol white walls. DL pays close attention to there branding not only in there hubs but throught out there system, they even started andding delta branded power outlets to all there gates. Not jus one but muiltiple power outlets every 5 or so seats.

DL uniform matches red for the FAs which includes the red dress and red accents on there white shirts, silver for the CS and gold for the SC. Not all these mitch match colors UA is going to have going on. UA really drop the ball on there new branding of ticket counter, gates and new uniforms.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hachiko
Except, you know, most customers don't dress any classier than sweats and a tshirt.
Glad you think so highly of us!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Glad you think so highly of us!
That's just a statement of fact. In general, we the traveling public are a bunch of schlubs. And I'm all for a crisp, business-level look for the FAs (so long as they're comfortable with it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.