Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UlyssesPSA
While I think the outfits and designs look nice, I am sad that Cynhtia Crowley's designs are not going to come to fruition. I also wish United had less variation in what they wore. One suit for men and women each would provide uniformity for the airline. Maybe I am asking too much.
+1. Having too many variants removes many of the advantages of having a uniform.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
The CS designs have so much blue, it could be hard to tell real UA agents apart from the AirServ folks!

While I think the outfits and designs look nice, I am sad that Cynhtia Crowley's designs are not going to come to fruition.
+1 There's definitely an element of anti-climax here.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:21 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I just removed several posts that were off-topic. This is a thread about uniforms (designed by Cynthia Rowley), not about which airline was best - CO or UA.

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Rumor is that Cyntia Crowley, who was desiging the new upcoming uniform for PMUA (for amost 24 months), was kept on with the new, combined project, to alter her already finalized designs with the new company's color palet. She decided to leave, however, over the fact that the new UA management was dictating material quality that she ultimately refused to put her name on. The actual manufacture is now Cintas, and all of Rowley's designs have been permanately shelved, to never see the light of day. These new designs were created in the time frame of less than 7 months.
anybody have a link to what her designs would have looked like?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by halls120
anybody have a link to what her designs would have looked like?
No one (not even employees outside of the uniform committee) has ever seen them released.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
They're...fine. Expected. Just not a lot of flair a la the Deltalina dress, or even the yellow LH scarf.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I kind of like them, actually.

The real question -- the important question -- is whether FAs will like them. Anything that helps employees feel professional and take a little more pride in their job is all right by me.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I also wish United had less variation in what they wore. One suit for men and women each would provide uniformity for the airline. Maybe I am asking too much.
You think UA had a lot variation in their uniforms ? Maybe you should check out both CX and SQ !

CX has FA, purser, senior purser, and ISM.
SQ has FA, leading, chief, and ISM

Each of those positions reprsent by different color and/or the length of the skirt. There are often multiple pursers, senior pursers, leading on board too. and often serve mix classes.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
You think UA had a lot variation in their uniforms ? Maybe you should check out both CX and SQ !

CX has FA, purser, senior purser, and ISM.
SQ has FA, leading, chief, and ISM

Each of those positions reprsent by different color and/or the length of the skirt. There are often multiple pursers, senior pursers, leading on board too. and often serve mix classes.

I like that though because then I can tell who I'm talking to.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by as219
I kind of like them, actually.

The real question -- the important question -- is whether FAs will like them. Anything that helps employees feel professional and take a little more pride in their job is all right by me.
So far most everyone has been positive. A few dislike it because of the color (black), but everyone is reserving judgement until they see them on a real person.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The uniform looks just basic to me. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not stylish, not classy, just basic. If you look at how airline like DL used new uniforms to reinforce a rebranding, I'd say UA missed the mark on this one.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
The uniform looks just basic to me. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not stylish, not classy, just basic. If you look at how airline like DL used new uniforms to reinforce a rebranding, I'd say UA missed the mark on this one.
Outside of a single uniform piece (the red wrap dress), DL's uniform pieces are pretty basic too.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It was only for October, but I remember thinking how sharp the pink ties looked on the male UA flight attendants (can't remember if the females had their own pink accent).
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:36 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
How much has UA spent on uniform designs the past 2-3 years?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Rumor is that Cyntia Crowley, who was desiging the new upcoming uniform for PMUA (for amost 24 months), was kept on with the new, combined project, to alter her already finalized designs with the new company's color palet. She decided to leave, however, over the fact that the new UA management was dictating material quality that she ultimately refused to put her name on. The actual manufacture is now Cintas, and all of Rowley's designs have been permanately shelved, to never see the light of day.
And of course since some random crew member on A.net said it, this will now become fact in this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.