Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why do I only get "Tell us about your flight from AAA to BBB" when I am upgraded???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do I only get "Tell us about your flight from AAA to BBB" when I am upgraded???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP 1K/Onepass Plat 1MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat

This really puzzling. Is United trying to game the surveys?

They don't bother to survey me when the flight is delayed, the equipment doesn't work (ovens, toilets, seat recline, etc), the FA's have don't want to do their jobs, etc.

Seriously. I have had some very bad flight experiences and they never ask about them.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by walkerci
This really puzzling. Is United trying to game the surveys?

They don't bother to survey me when the flight is delayed, the equipment doesn't work (ovens, toilets, seat recline, etc), the FA's have don't want to do their jobs, etc.

Seriously. I have had some very bad flight experiences and they never ask about them.
Must be a coincidence. I have gotten surveys on the each of the last 4 flights I took. I was upgraded on none of them (so much for stretching to make 1k last year) and 3/4 were badly delayed (90+ minutes late arriving).
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:20 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I haven't gotten a single one since they discontinued the old post-flight surveys. I don't think it has to do with upgrades at all.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by exerda
I haven't gotten a single one since they discontinued the old post-flight surveys. I don't think it has to do with upgrades at all.
Same here. I've flown 75+ segments since 3/3, and I've only received one post-flight survey.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by exerda
I received my first survey last week since they discontinued the old one for my LAX-LHR flight which was delayed by almost 3 hours.

Rate the flight 1-10 (radio button)
Why did you score that (text box)
What can we do better (text box)

That was it. While you never really know if a survey gets read, this one sure felt like a "we don't care how you respond" survey.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by richk_30
That was it. While you never really know if a survey gets read, this one sure felt like a "we don't care how you respond" survey.
Did you give a reasonably good score (7 or above)? Normally if you give a good score you just get the basic questions. If you give a low score you'll be walked through a number of follow-up question asking which area(s) you had problems with, and details on each of those areas.

Personally, I like it. If you have a generally good experience the survey takes almost no time to complete. If you had a bad experience they ask for all the details on why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.