Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Removing of already-posted bonus miles from "Map of Dreams” offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removing of already-posted bonus miles from "Map of Dreams” offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Miles Just Disappeared Evening of July 12? See Explanation Here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18919869-post467.html

Well, I tried - this was a separate thread but just got merged into the original big thread by someone. Hopefully people can find the reason in post 467 quickly.

Or, e-mail just received:

We will update the "Map Your Dreams" mileage bonuses

We routinely audit our flight offers to ensure they are accurately crediting bonus award miles. During a recent audit we discovered that our system had started to award bonuses for the "Map Your Dreams" offer prematurely and, in some cases, incorrectly.

To ensure that we credit accounts accurately, we removed the bonus miles that had been awarded so far. When the offer ends on July 15, 2012, we will validate all participating member accounts and award the correct number of miles by July 28, 2012. Please note that the final number of bonus miles credited to your account may be different from the number we removed. Also, only tickets purchased on or after April 15, 2012, are eligible for the offer. See full terms and conditions.

This update will not affect your base flight miles, Premier Qualifying Miles or Premier Qualifying Segments.

We apologize for this system error and any inconvenience it may cause.

Last edited by username; Jul 12, 2012 at 10:14 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Slurve30
I don't know why I decided to visit this thread but I'm glad I did! I lost 25,000 miles, despite getting a customer care deposit of 10,000 miles earlier this week and was like uhhh wth???

Well now I know where my miles went. Not cool UA. On the other hand, AA called me today to ask how I am enjoying my Executive Platinum status match. Very very much, thank you....
+infinity
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks again. I think this does deserve a seperate thread for informatiOnal purposes
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by username
Just looking at how chaotic things have been with all the parts of UA, I doubt there is any cynical plot for doing this at this point.

The accoutants are probably doing the Q2 numbers and see a huge spike of miles awarded and started questioning... Miles are liabilities on the balance sheet, right?

It is ironic that this whole promotion was sort of like "stay with us while we get things in order". Now this really backfired...

For those who simply lose miles, we didn't deserve them anyway.

For those who did extra mileage runs for the miles, it is a little tougher to take.
Yup, sad thing I booked 4 tickets on UA for this that I should've given to AA. Over 3K on tickets that I could've got Deqm on AA. Stupid me!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
25,000 miles are gone. bad form
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
No wonder I'm down 10K miles.. Thanks, OP ^
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OMAguy
My account know has -8000 miles. Am I going to get a service charge for being negative?
Look at the bright side, the system didn't crash and continued to deduct from other accounts even with a negative balance on yours
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Didn't Priority Club run some promo whereby they gave a pile of points to whoever they lost the most during Hilton devaluation? (Maybe I have my programs mixed up.)

Seems like an opportunity for AA to cash in on some negative UA publicity tomorrow. Maybe offer every who lost miles today 1000 free AA miles?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OMAguy
My account know has -8000 miles. Am I going to get a service charge for being negative?
If you were a non-status Kettle, I just tell you to close your account and start over. Actually, I'm sure there's somebody out there who will do exactly that.

COdbaUA -- it pays to be a nobody!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
So my upgrades don't clear and miles deducted from my account don't get returned if my upgrade doesn't clear. And there's basically no response from UA on these huge problems. And yet they can deduct these promo miles and they do so without notice.
I think I literally HATE the people that run this airline. All I want to do is just smack them. That can't be good for business. They just don't understand the concept of loyalty.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uapremier
I think I literally HATE the people that run this airline. All I want to do is just smack them. That can't be good for business. They just don't understand the concept of loyalty.
Accountant cares about the numbers. Lawyer says they have the right to do this. Do you see anyone with a professional degree in customer relationship or loyalty running any airline?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by uapremier
I'm pretty much right there with you. Those of us who still frequent this board (and not AA!) desperately want to see these jokes succeed. But instead, they do everything they can to infuriate us. Seriously, did they really think no one would care about this? If my boss had told me to post this on FT, I'd probably have laughed at him.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 12, 2012 at 10:14 pm Reason: unnecessary
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by WhyPayRent
Anyone know about this? Trying to determine if I should book aaa-bbb-ccc-aaa or if I need to do a mileage run. I am on the 4, 5, 7 plan and sitting with 6 round trips ticketed and flown. (Would have been way over the 7 if it weren't for the ticketing date limitation.)
So now due to this ridic vanishing act, anyone know the answer to this? Obviously, complete crap shoot based on United's loose morals and complete lack of customer service, but what do we think? IAD-SFO-DFW-IAD?

My 7th flight is this and need it to count....
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by username
Accountant cares about the numbers. Lawyer says they have the right to do this. Do you see anyone with a professional degree in customer relationship or loyalty running any airline?
I dont think thats the case. UA reads these boards and we had fellow members who let it be know they received extra miles.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:18 pm

Just got the official email...... I'm sure COdbaUA believes they did us a favor by announcing here first!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.