Search

"Check-It".....Finally.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
"Check-It".....Finally.

Launched today.....

After a test period at several stations, UA has finally added features to CHECK-IT that will make our lives a lot easier ! Accessible now by CSRs.

-- Seat chart display (with selection ability) that will include what seats are rear-facing on sUA intl Business class.
-- SDC (same day change) including alternate flight availability.
-- SDC and standby charges.
-- Automated fee collection (where applicable).
-- MPLUS upgrades including buy-up.
-- Same day upgrades by redemption, purchase or complimentary.
-- Bag charges.

Some of these features are new and all of these features are now easier and faster to navigate in CHECK-IT versus SHARES. Eliminating the guesswork which was a large part of the battle in SHARES (bag fees to certain destinations, upgrade redemption or eligibility) etc will certainly speed things up at the ticket counter and gates. I almost can't believe it came sooner than year's end and will start using it immediately. Please folks, if you need help at the airport, ask a customer service agent to use this new user interface.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:23 pm

Hey, thanks for the update!^
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:32 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
^ good to hear they're building the tools to support agents and customers!

Glad to see SDC coming to CheckIt (can we assume any airport CSR can now process an SDC?) and I'll jump for joy when the roll out tools to help the frontline in IRROPs.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:33 pm

"Check-It".....Finally.

What is check-it??
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by jasp25
What is check-it??
Seems to be an application (graphic user interface) that runs on top of SHARES (text based) to make gate agent procedures much quicker than they are today.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: 2012 Plat-2013 Plat-2014 Silver-2015 GM
Excellent news! All you guys in customer facing positions really have to be excited. I'm sure that will help take some of the edge off your days.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by J.Edward
^ good to hear they're building the tools to support agents and customers!

Glad to see SDC coming to CheckIt (can we assume any airport CSR can now process an SDC?) and I'll jump for joy when the roll out tools to help the frontline in IRROPs.
===================

Yes, as far as I know it is accessible by all airport CSRs. Of course we will still have SHARES to do things manually and "by command" (as a backup), but at least with Check-It we can point, click and pull-down choices etc and and the computer will do a lot of work for us (bag fees, change fees).
Actually in Check-It is an app (eATO) that allows one to retrieve the PNR, see changes (voluntary or irrops), and synch accordingly. yes, yes, yes - all of this and more is moving in quickly !!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
Thumbs up

Thats sounds great! Very nice aid. Be even better when you can do it all on the kiosk!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibuyyoufly
Excellent news! All you guys in customer facing positions really have to be excited. I'm sure that will help take some of the edge off your days.
==========
Yes, I can stop drinking......well, maybe drink less !
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
Actually in Check-It is an app (eATO) that allows one to retrieve the PNR, see changes (voluntary or irrops), and synch accordingly. yes, yes, yes - all of this and more is moving in quickly !!
Excellent. How is it for syncs and reissues? Or is it syncs only?

That's historically been the biggest sticking point with SHARES as it's just way too cumbersome.

But if you can now do a reissue in a matter of seconds (a la Fastair), there is hope that we will be able to return to a much higher, PMUA-style level of customer service.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:10 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by channa
Excellent. How is it for syncs and reissues? Or is it syncs only?

That's historically been the biggest sticking point with SHARES as it's just way too cumbersome.

But if you can now do a reissue in a matter of seconds (a la Fastair), there is hope that we will be able to return to a much higher, PMUA-style level of customer service.
Point and click is slower than keyboard. It works, but it's still slower than Fastair.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:37 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Seems to be an application (graphic user interface) that runs on top of SHARES (text based) to make gate agent procedures much quicker than they are today.
"quicker" is a relative term. Yes, quicker, for an agent who has not learned the basics, but the GUI is slower than the native, so for 80% of us who have learned the basics, it is slower. The guy that invented the "spinning ball" that mans "wait" on most GUI interfaces must be making a killing off of the new UA. I think they had a debate on who was cheaper the spinning ball, or the hourglass, and although the spinning ball is slower (it takes more resources away from the cpu) it was cheaper, so they choose it, even though it slows the gui down even more. Multiply a spinning ball x 500,000 per day and even at $0.01 per ball savings vs the hourglass, it saves $1.5 million per year.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by fastair
...I think they had a debate on who was cheaper the spinning ball, or the hourglass, and although the spinning ball is slower (it takes more resources away from the cpu) it was cheaper, so they choose it, even though it slows the gui down even more. Multiply a spinning ball x 500,000 per day and even at $0.01 per ball savings vs the hourglass, it saves $1.5 million per year.
LOL!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Any tools that help the agents help the customers is good news for me. How it plays out from this point will be interesting to see.

Originally Posted by FlyingNone
Launched today.....

-- Same day upgrades by redemption, purchase or complimentary.
Does this include same day waitlist capabilities?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by fastair
"quicker" is a relative term. Yes, quicker, for an agent who has not learned the basics, but the GUI is slower than the native, so for 80% of us who have learned the basics, it is slower.
Oh boy. That's the same problem CO had when they tried an overlay years ago. They never managed to solidify user acceptance because it was slower than going native, so it never got off the ground.

They really need to focus on usability if they want something like this to work. The GA position is a time-sensitive one, so the tool needs to be all-encompassing, and functions need to be easy and fast to access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.