Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Rumored to be Dropping IAH-CDG/ACT/AVL/GSO? (per a.net)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)

a.net is suggesting UA is planning on axing Paris, Waco, Asheville, and Greensboro come the end of summer.

(I guess WN's just too big a threat for them with their distant future service ex. HOU )

Anyways, has anyone heard anything along these lines?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yup I saw this too. UA is flying to CDG from ORD-EWR-IAD. The EWR flight is being upgraded to 1 764 and 1 757. ORD has been going from 777 to 767 the past few years. I always see First booked on ORD-CDG, so I'm not sure if they will take the 3 class away and put a 2 class. I always thought ORD-CDG was weak, but I guess IAH was weaker. I'm guessing we might see a IAH-ORD-CDG route coming. I can see a 767 doing the run.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by J.Edward
a.net is suggesting UA is planning on axing Paris, Waco, Asheville, and Greensboro come the end of summer.

(I guess WN's just too big a threat for them with their distant future service ex. HOU )

IAH-CDG no longer available since early October (October 8th seems to be the last day)...I guess this is as a result of Hobby opening international flights in 2015, makes perfect sense
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I always see First booked on ORD-CDG, so I'm not sure if they will take the 3 class away and put a 2 class.
I have seen the same thing. What I find doubly interesting however, is that ORD-CDG is a "relatively" easy route on which to find Saver F space. I'm flying this week with THREE (3) F award seats on that flite.

Dave
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bseller
I have seen the same thing. What I find doubly interesting however, is that ORD-CDG is a "relatively" easy route on which to find Saver F space. I'm flying this week with THREE (3) F award seats on that flite.

Dave
You took my savers F award seats! I can't find anything direct on UA, in either F, C, or Y. Looking for 2 for anytime in July.

But I did some fake random bookings and almost all flights were sold out in F. I was a bit worried and thought we might see a 2 class 767 in the near future.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Well that's frustrating; I fly the IAH-CDG route fairly often.

Guess I'll be moving over to Air France.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
With the way the European and the US Economy are I wouldn't be surprised to see more routes to/from Europe cut in the future.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:44 am

http://airlineroute.net/2012/06/29/ua-iah-sep12/

Plus Toluca (Mexico) and Tuxtla Gutierrez.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

You sure that isn't Paris, TX?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
I guess a single aisled aircraft cant quite make it to CDG with overflow passengers from AF. Maybe they could schedule a stop at Goose Bay and use a 737??
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
This is shocking. Paris? Seriously? Air France is a much better airline on that route but UA is giving up PARIS? This really surprises me.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Loosing Paris from IAH is a big deal. I remember when it used to be a CO 777 with daily service.

AF stills runs the service daily....they probably lost some contracts on the route and decided to axe it.

So what does that leave Houston with as far as non-stop? LHR, AMS, FRA? Yawn
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:54 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
IAH-CDG no longer available since early October (October 8th seems to be the last day)...I guess this is as a result of Hobby opening international flights in 2015, makes perfect sense
It does make perfect sense.

Management of this airline can do no wrong. When they don't get their way, they take their ball and go home.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:56 am

Not profitable?

Since bean counters at the airlines seem to be in command nowadays, routes would never be cancelled if they were adding to the bottom line, regardless of what WN might be planning to do a few years down the road!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Renard
So what does that leave Houston with as far as non-stop? LHR, AMS, FRA? Yawn
On non-UA:
DME/SIN (SQ)
AMS (KL)
CDG (AF)
LHR (BA)
FRA (LH)
IST (TK)
DXB (EK)
DOH (QR)
LAD (BP Charter)
...and on UA:
NRT
LHR
AMS
FRA
LOS
LIM
GRU
GIG
EZE

Last edited by J.Edward; Jun 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.