Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changing Award ticket by adding another stop?

Old Jun 13, 12, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond

Sorry in advance for not being able to figure this out.

Currently, I have SFO-IAH-DOH-JNB-CPT // CPT-JNB-LHR-SFO booked for 2 people in business.

I found 2 tickets to MRU and I was wondering if it is possible to add this into the itinerary instead of paying another 100K miles for 2 people.

The new itinerary would look like:
SFO-IAH-DOH-JNB-CPT (6 days in and around CPT), CPT-JNB-MRU (4 days in MRU then MRU-JNB-CPT), 4 more days in and around CPT, then CPT-JNB-LHR-SFO.

My gut feeling is no way...but before I called UA, I was hoping to get some insight into this.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 13, 12, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by SFO_Chad View Post
Sorry in advance for not being able to figure this out.

Currently, I have SFO-IAH-DOH-JNB-CPT // CPT-JNB-LHR-SFO booked for 2 people in business.

I found 2 tickets to MRU and I was wondering if it is possible to add this into the itinerary instead of paying another 100K miles for 2 people.

The new itinerary would look like:
SFO-IAH-DOH-JNB-CPT (6 days in and around CPT), CPT-JNB-MRU (4 days in MRU then MRU-JNB-CPT), 4 more days in and around CPT, then CPT-JNB-LHR-SFO.

My gut feeling is no way...but before I called UA, I was hoping to get some insight into this.

Thanks in advance.
You can have only one stopover on a round trip award ticket.. you'd have 2 stopovers in your proposed itinerary so it won't be possible using your existing ticket. If you went straight home MRU-SFO you could do it but you won't be able to go back to CPT for another few days.
Old Jun 13, 12, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR View Post
You can have only one stopover on a round trip award ticket.. you'd have 2 stopovers in your proposed itinerary so it won't be possible using your existing ticket. If you went straight home MRU-SFO you could do it but you won't be able to go back to CPT for another few days.
Thank you so much! I was fearful of that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: