Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Requesting RPU with travel agent booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire

If I book a UA flight through a travel agent can I request an RPU online/call United, or do I need to ask the TA to make the request for me?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by allenkeys
If I book a UA flight through a travel agent can I request an RPU online/call United, or do I need to ask the TA to make the request for me?
You can do it online or over the phone with United.. don't bother doing it through your travel agent. I've done this many times after booking through my company TA.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:47 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
You can do it online or over the phone with United.. don't bother doing it through your travel agent. I've done this many times after booking through my company TA.
My experience as well.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
The reason I was asking is that I have made my first TA booked United flight today. it is ticketed and confirmed, but there is no link to request an upgrade on the reservation page. Do I have to wait for something to happen? When I have booked previously on united.com the link appears immediately after ticketing.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by allenkeys
The reason I was asking is that I have made my first TA booked United flight today. it is ticketed and confirmed, but there is no link to request an upgrade on the reservation page. Do I have to wait for something to happen? When I have booked previously on united.com the link appears immediately after ticketing.
In the past hour I booked a ticket through my company booking site.. within 15 minutes after reserving it was ticketed and the upgrade button appeared.

If you can't see an upgrade button there is a problem..or it's not actually ticketed. I would call UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.