Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*A missing flights online request is back!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Thumbs up *A missing flights online request is back!!

Finally today I was again able to submit requests for missing miles on LH, MS and AC online for the flights I flew back in April/May..
We'll see how long it will take them to respond
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Just used this too, though I hadn't realized it was missing... fingers crossed it works.
Who knows any more...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:41 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
This has been there for a while now (at least a month and a half, when I used it). The problem was that it was a bit buried; the missing miles request page listed physical addresses as if that was the only way to file the request for partner flights, but the online form was available even back in late April.

Now, they have prematurely removed BD from the list (there are still people missing BD miles), and are missing some other partners (Air China, for example)...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:44 pm

exerda, when you used it did it work? If so, any details, which carrier, how long to post?
Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Will it work on pre 3-3 flights credited to the original MP program?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Nice to have it back but CA is still missing as one of the carriers you can select in the dropdown.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Avis Preferred; PriorityClub Gold; nada anywhere else
My issue with it is that you can only submit for entire PNRs. So if you're missing miles for 1 or more segments, you can't use it and have to call or email.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:57 pm

I have a CA flight missing also - any chance the reason their not there is they don't have a means for UA to automatically forward the request/enquiry?
Perhaps it needs to be done manually? Just guessing.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:59 pm

Oh wait. I don't see a dropdown at all. Can I be looking at something different?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by id_est
My issue with it is that you can only submit for entire PNRs. So if you're missing miles for 1 or more segments, you can't use it and have to call or email.
+1

I submitted a request for one missing flight on a multi-segment itin. Ultimately had to call.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:12 pm

Could you just submit the entire trip? Even if you you're only interested in one of the segments?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Could you just submit the entire trip? Even if you you're only interested in one of the segments?
When I've tried that I get a response saying something like "This flight has already been credited." So no.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
exerda, when you used it did it work? If so, any details, which carrier, how long to post?
Thanks!
Well, I had to follow-up with multiple calls, a fax, and multiple e-mails to get them to credit. They did eventually post.

I was missing miles from BD, and it took around 6 weeks total to get them to post--2 weeks before it would let me submit the request, and then another month to get them to actually credit.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:31 pm

Wow, ok, that's discouraging. Looks like I have a lot of wait time ahead of me. I hate the hold info music.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.