Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Likelihood of clearing the wait list?" thread (International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Likelihood of clearing the wait list?" thread (International)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alamire
United recently messed up an award redemption from Europe in Mid July. My partner's reservation was never ticketed, and the award is no longer available. Our original flight—and the one I am still on—is a partner flight one stop, but United put him on an alternate flight with two stops. They put us on a "priority waiting list" for a nonstop flight on UA metal. It shows on both of our reservations, indicating that we are waiting for an I class fare. But since I is an upgrade fare, is there any chance of it clearing soon, or will we have to wait until closer to the return date?

This matters, not only because of convenience, but because the waitlisted flight leaves from a different city than we are currently booked from. Are there any further steps I can take with United to ensure this clears? Thanks!
Without knowing city pairs, none of us can guess. Are you asking "will it clear" or "what else can I do"?
Old May 8, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA platinum
Thanks, the waitlisted flight is MXP to EWR. I guess I'm both asking "will it clear" and "what else can I do"!

Apologies—I had it wrong that I is an award fare, not upgrade, which makes more sense. I updated my original post to reflect that.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
If it were me, I'd call back and press hard for UA to open up space on their own metal. Their mistake, their opportunity to fix it.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: AA platinum
I called twice and tried to get them to open up award availability. Both agents refused, saying it wasn't possible. Supervisors, both times, denied that they were able to open up award availability, and said that award tickets depended on the inventory being available, which it currently isn't. Any other pro suggestions?
Thanks all.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, UA MP Club Card, Citi Prestige, Global Entry
How on earth do you guys figure out how many of each fare class are available (R, RN, J, etc.)???
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by UAConvert
How on earth do you guys figure out how many of each fare class are available (R, RN, J, etc.)???
We use tools like ExpertFlyer.com or turn on Expert Mode on ua.com. Unfortunately expert mode is broken at the moment.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, UA MP Club Card, Citi Prestige, Global Entry
I was wondering about expert mode. How do you activate that??
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by UAConvert
I was wondering about expert mode. How do you activate that??
Originally Posted by AdamUK
*Manage Profile
*View All Flight Search Preferences (at the bottom)
*Scroll down & tick the box: I acknowledge these considerations and choose to enable Expert Mode.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/Platinum Marriott Gold Elite, HHonors Blue, SA Gold
Waitlisted on international flight IAD -> LHR

Trying to get an upgrade as i have a frozen shoulder. First leg ORD -> IAH is confirmed with mileage + copay. I have a 2 hour layover at IAH. Second leg is IAH -> LHR (ua921) Account is currently showing as upgrade requested and 9 available seats in BusinessFirst. I have no status just a normal member and my class is/was U. I used miles + copay.

I enabled expert mode and searched the same flight. It shows BusinessFirst to be sold out which is different to my 3rd tab which shows the 9 seats. Flight is 4 days away now.

Available Cabins: J0, JN0, C0, D0, Z0, ZN0, P0, PN0, R0, RN0, IN0, I0, Y9, YN9, B5, M1, E0, U0, H0, HN0, Q0, V0, W0, S0, T0, L0, K0, G0, N0, XN0, X0

Is what is currenttly showing for that flight in Expert mode.

I dont personally think my chances are good, but a friend thinks ive got a good chance of updrading?

Its very confusing because on my reservations its showing seats available ( before check in ) but the flight in expert mode is showing sold out in bizclass

New to this - can anyone shed some light? I am not looking forward to a 10 your flight home with a frozen shoulder - and my econ seat is 20L which according to seatguru doesnt recline!!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by msadmn
Trying to get an upgrade as i have a frozen shoulder. First leg ORD -> IAH is confirmed with mileage + copay. I have a 2 hour layover at IAH. Second leg is IAH -> LHR (ua921) Account is currently showing as upgrade requested and 9 available seats in BusinessFirst. I have no status just a normal member and my class is/was U. I used miles + copay.
If you are looking at UA921 on 8/29, that flight is completely sold out in business class (as are all three IAH-LHR flights that day). The upgrade is quite unlikely to clear. The good news is if you don't clear, you will be entitled to a refund of your miles and co-pay, so the upgrade from ORD-IAH will essentially be free.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:46 pm

Thanks Kaycee

Im going to have to change my flight i think. there is no way i can fly in a non-reclining econ plus seat.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by msadmn
Thanks Kaycee

Im going to have to change my flight i think. there is no way i can fly in a non-reclining econ plus seat.
If you are flying out of ORD, UA958 on 8/29 is currently R7. You're going to have to pay a change fee, and probably a fare difference, to change to that flight. But you can confirm in business right now.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:56 pm

Thanks to expert mode i was able to transfer to an upgradeable flight route through ORD instead and upgrade confirmed. Phew! Thanks FlyerTalk!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold
UA 869 mileage upgrade waitlist for 11/26

Available Cabins: F6, FN6, A6, ON6, O0, J9, JN9, C9, D9, Z9, ZN9, P9, PN0, R0, RN0, IN0, I0, Y9, YN9, B9, M9, E9, U9, H9, HN9, Q9, V9, W9, S9, T9, L9, K9, G0, N0, XN9, X9

Any chance this will clear well prior to T-24?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: 1K
2 Pax, 1K/GM (same reservation), 2 GPU from 1K account, Booked W, NRT-IAH UA6 on 9/28/14

J9, JN9, C9, D9, Z9, ZN9, P4, PN0, R0, RN0, IN0, I0, Y9, YN9, B9, M9, E9, U9, H9, HN9, Q9, V9, W9, S9, T9, L9, K9, G0, N0, XN0, X0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.