Wiki Posts
Search

New food serving policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
New food serving policy?

Flew yesterday from LAX -> HNL (jet lagging like crazy its 04:00....ugh) on a horrid old 757-300 from Continental. This thing should have been mothballed, it was just that old.

When in first I am used to being a offered a meal choice because of my status and due to the fact that I am 6'11" I normally choose the last row of first if its an option.

When the flight attendant got to me in row 6 I was not given a choice but only what was left. When I asked about meal orders being offered based on status as this was the PMUA policy she said the new policy is just front to back.

Has anyone else experienced this or did she blow me off?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
It's a new "change you will like".....well documented in other threads.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by shortkidd
Flew yesterday from LAX -> HNL (jet lagging like crazy its 04:00....ugh) on a horrid old 757-300 from Continental. This thing should have been mothballed, it was just that old.

When in first I am used to being a offered a meal choice because of my status and due to the fact that I am 6'11" I normally choose the last row of first if its an option.

When the flight attendant got to me in row 6 I was not given a choice but only what was left. When I asked about meal orders being offered based on status as this was the PMUA policy she said the new policy is just front to back.

Has anyone else experienced this or did she blow me off?
If I recall, most 753s are about 10 years old, about 1/2 the age of the UA 752s, and are some of the youngest jets in the fleet. I guess UA should scrap all their Airbus' which are mid 90s as well.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by shortkidd
This thing should have been mothballed, it was just that old.
Not that it really matters, but the oldest of the 753s are only 11 years old. From what I'm seeing on the flight status page the oldest of the aircraft which made the trip on 8 July was delivered in 2005.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
If I recall, most 753s are about 10 years old, about 1/2 the age of the UA 752s, and are some of the youngest jets in the fleet. I guess UA should scrap all their Airbus' which are mid 90s as well.

Notwithstanding the young age of these aircraft, I really wish they would speed up the installation of E+ and finally start adding modern IFE.

With E+, this would effectively make these aircraft a newer version of the PMUA 752s. With real IFE it would bring it up to the standard of the 737 fleet.

Don't get me started on WiFi
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:12 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by ColoBill1
It's a new "change you will like".....well documented in other threads.
Here's the most recent one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cabins-ua.html

Originally Posted by star_world

Notwithstanding the young age of these aircraft, I really wish they would speed up the installation of E+ and finally start adding modern IFE.

With E+, this would effectively make these aircraft a newer version of the PMUA 752s. With real IFE it would bring it up to the standard of the 737 fleet.

Don't get me started on WiFi
Here's a link to the 753 conversion thread for additional discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-refitted.html

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.