Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United offering to sell me an upgrade when there is none..?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P

Hey everyone,

I have a flight tomorrow from BRU to BOS via IAD. On the upgrade page, I can select to buy an upgrade for my flights tomorrow. To the tune of 801E (1000$). I'm not planning on it, but I was confused as to why it says it's 801E and then says it's not available for an upgrade... I've attached a screenshot for your consideration and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
If it was available or if it becomes available, that's what it would cost. But don't waste your ££. I just heard UA is changing the name from Economy PLUS to Economy FIRST. now they have 3 classes on some routes, GLOBAL FIRST, BUSINESS FIRST AND ECONOMY FIRST. This way all passengers will feel like they are special
Old May 28, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
i have recieved the same message on paid first before. just another fun glitch.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
Just a programming detail that was overlooked. Has to be frustrating, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.