Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's you favorite United Club?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I am thinking B18 or so too.

It was early AM both times I went there. Very reasonable club. Some sort of bar/TV setup in the bottom section also.
That's the one I'm thinking of, right about where that side corridor branches off to what used to be the Ted ghetto.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, United Club, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5 Star
My #1 is SFO main club, the place has got style and I like boats.
I like PDX, the regular agent there is a sweetheart and it has good view of the runway.
ORD B6 main club, always crowded but I spent 12 hours in there once on a delay into BOS so I have a soft spot for it.
The IAH clubs are on the whole nice as well.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Yea, now that others have chimed in, I'll add AUS and DCA(CO) to the list.

DCA for maintaining the art-deco while still keeping it a PC...errr...UC

AUS for the folks. The location itself isn't so great, no view at all.
Have been there many times as an AUS passenger and was impressed with the service.
Was there once when my IAH-DFW diverted to AUS (DFW thunderstorms). I was expecting them to know nothing of that flight. When I checked-in I mentioned I was on the DFW flight as I was curious if updates would be announced since the flight wasn't on the FIDS. She no sooner heard "DFW" from my lips and said I didn't need to be at the gate for another hour and half from now because the F/O is over duty limits, The replacement is arriving on CO#xxx, we need everyone onboard at that time as the rest of the crew exceeds their duty limits 10 minutes later. And that's exactly how the situation played out. (Off topic, but it's so sad that CO is so bad at IRROPS )

Originally Posted by UALsandiego
That's nice... I never remember which one is which. Is AUS the one upstairs next to an AC and SAT the one without a bathroom or vice versa?
I dunno 'bout SAT, but AUS is indeed upstairs next to the Admiral's Club.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
What's you favorite United Club?

I like SAN terminal 1 for the staff and the fact it's never packed. ORD B18 is good and I always like JFK and LAX.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: Premier 1K AA: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by iahkid2014
IAH E or IAH C South because of the afternoon/evening bartender. Haven't been back there in a while so I'm not sure if he is still there.
yep, still there. There is only one male bartender I can think of, and he's great.

Originally Posted by palmetto86
Soooo true!

My vote goes to the PMCO President's Club at DCA Terminal B. It has the best views of any club (Washington Monument, the runways, and the Potomac), and it has awesome original Art Deco style. It is part of the original terminal and used to be the employee cafeteria. After PMUA moves at DCA, this will be the only club and up for a remodel.
DCA is good fun, I agree.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
SFO domestic near gates 76-78

I don't remember which oRD one it was I went most recently - it was recently redone with one food drink area near the front, then another at the bottom of a ramp, all inside one club.

The club near the central CS counter that overflows during IRROPS is not the one I am referring to.
Lol. Ur talking about the one in the b concourse at the end by the new Starbucks

Originally Posted by sandiegofun
I like SAN terminal 1 for the staff and the fact it's never packed. ORD B18 is good and I always like JFK and LAX.
^ yay SAN. There are 5 people I see all the time and they are amazing.

Originally Posted by steve64
Yea, now that others have chimed in, I'll add AUS and DCA(CO) to the list.

DCA for maintaining the art-deco while still keeping it a PC...errr...UC

AUS for the folks. The location itself isn't so great, no view at all.
Have been there many times as an AUS passenger and was impressed with the service.
Was there once when my IAH-DFW diverted to AUS (DFW thunderstorms). I was expecting them to know nothing of that flight. When I checked-in I mentioned I was on the DFW flight as I was curious if updates would be announced since the flight wasn't on the FIDS. She no sooner heard "DFW" from my lips and said I didn't need to be at the gate for another hour and half from now because the F/O is over duty limits, The replacement is arriving on CO#xxx, we need everyone onboard at that time as the rest of the crew exceeds their duty limits 10 minutes later. And that's exactly how the situation played out. (Off topic, but it's so sad that CO is so bad at IRROPS )

I dunno 'bout SAT, but AUS is indeed upstairs next to the Admiral's Club.
Oh ok cool. Yeah then SAT is the one w/out bathrooms lol. So is one of the SEA ones...

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 7, 2012 at 10:29 pm Reason: merge
Old May 7, 2012, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by UALsandiego
^ yay SAN. There are 5 people I see all the time and they are amazing.
I've always managed to get myself flying out of the commuter terminal.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
I don't think there are many of us who hold in our memory a good catalog of all the UCs... so this is probably just a listing of clubs we each frequent often. But still...

- EWR C3, only because I have taken many desperately needed showers there, rolling off redeyes and on the way to work. Also, while it gets crowded on Thursday afternoons (like every hub club) I like the long bar area and the bartenders are great. Really great
- SFO T3. I use it as an arrivals lounge, for a couple quick drinks on the way home on a Thursday or Friday night. Never too crowded then, and a generally pleasant crowd to chat with
- CLE. Friendly PMCO staff who apologize every time for not being able to scan me in easily from my MP card. Large, never very crowded, and easy enough to bum an hour of sleep before whatever my connection is off the SFO-CLE redeye
- LAX. Not that great but i like the large bar area, including the high tables when there are no seats at the bar, and the fact that the bartenders never give me a hard time when i ask the TV channel be changed to some other game

How about bad ones?
- ATL. Oh God I feel bad even going to take a leak, 1 toilet for all the men and women???
- JFK. What a sad tired prelude to a p.s. flight...
- DEN. All of them. Just buy some new unstained furniture please
Old May 7, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Favorite Usual Suspects: Domestic

LGA - Everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.
IAH - E/C; encantando!
LAX - "Did you see who that was?!"
SFO - Om Mani Pame Hum
PDX - Let the mountains sing together for joy Before the Lord
JFK - 3 minutes to close the deal meet "You either know fashion or you don't"
ORD - C16; memories like Spain v Netherlands don't fade quickly.
ORD - B18; best looking bunker I see consistently.

---------------------

Originally Posted by EdWort
AUS Because the ladies there know me on site and are so helpful. Plus the bartenders rock!
Originally Posted by Stripe
Another vote for AUS. The staff is great, always a morning paper available, and it never seems crowded (at least when I visit, usually in the AM). I barely set my bag down in the morning when the bartender is already getting out lemon for my tea.
I visited the AUS UC for the first (and second time) this weekend. Bartenders were AWESOME. They remembered us on our way home!

Last edited by anc-ord772; May 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm
Old May 7, 2012, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by greathustle
- DEN. All of them. Just buy some new unstained furniture please
And put in some electric outlets so people don't have to make it an Easter egg hunt to charge their stuff!!! Furniture looks like crap and no plugs!
Old May 7, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
I found CLE to be surprisingly nice on two recent visits. Props the the bartender for a better-than-the-usual-free Bloody Mary (w/ horseradish).
Old May 7, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Domestically (as the title requests):

1. ORD - the new-ish one at the end of the terminal (why am I drawing a blank?) with the soda machines. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy

2. SFO - only because they have POG machines

3. LAX - because it's home and because of the FT sign-in board
Old May 7, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
LAX - Its only real flaw is needing to be half-again the size. I love the layout, views and, most importantly, the staff (led by Bruce).

SFO-3 - Clare is awesome, very well decorated, also has Sierra Nevada on draft like LAX and LAS do. The internet is awful, however.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
1) DEN (East & West) - Great agents, and a nice view of the ramp
2) PDX - great view of the runway, and a very quiet place to spend time before a flight
3) SFO - Domestic. Love the sUA agents, especially the one that has a tag "Old Dog, New Tricks"
4) HNL - Nice tropical atmosphere and friendly CSRs. Also a great view of the ramp.
5) MCO - friendly agents and almost never crowded.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by lexdevil
I found CLE to be surprisingly nice on two recent visits. Props the the bartender for a better-than-the-usual-free Bloody Mary (w/ horseradish).
I visited the CLE former President's Club last week and it was really nice. It looked like a real club! There were big leather club chairs, lots of space, and good availability of power outlets. The decor in general was nicer than the former RCC's; lots of nice carpeting and warm wood room dividers made it quiet.

I have jumped on the bandwagon ready to bash former CO but one thing about the old UA that I absolutely admit: the RCCs sucked and they still suck.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
My favorite clubs are SFO domestic, DCA and LAS.

In terms of partner clubs: I love the OZ lounge in ICN, LX at ZRH, TG at BKK and BM Intl at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.