Wiki Posts
Search

Pathetic meals

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Pathetic meals

So is it me or are the meals in First pretty pathetic lately. I've had essentially the same nasty chicken wrap with ultra cheap ancho chili mayo packet, tiny fruit cup and soup for dinner on 3 dinner flights (ORD-SFO, SFO-ORD and ORD-EWR) over the last month. New month doesn't mean new meal I guess. And the portion size was tiny. Usually doesn't matter but nearly missed flight because of traffic last night for a 5:10pm - 8:30pm ORD-EWR. If that's when I really needed a meal - the wrap seemed smaller on the old Continental plates than the United bowl (may have been perception, but it looked that way).
Old May 5, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
We had a jimmy dean type egg and sausage sandwich for breakfast. It looked pretty lonely in the big dish in which they placed it. No garnish, no sides.

The fruit cup was about half the usual size and so was the yogurt. I guess the smaller trays and plates must still be on order because they were clearly oversized for the job.
Old May 5, 2012, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It's too bad that one of the best benefits of PMCO is already being diminished
Old May 5, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

A midcon dinner is a wrap? How do full fare customers justify such a waste of money. AA has a much better midcon meal (ice cream, appetizer, salad, mixed nuts + entree)-- and DL atleast fills you up.
Don't waste your money
Old May 5, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
YMMV

I had a HUGE pork chop on PS last week. I had a small beef wrap thing down to IAH this week. I thought the food on sCO was supposed to be great, but overall it doesn't seem like that much of an enhancement.
Old May 5, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

PS and transcon is pretty good- though I preferred PMUA's PS. Unfortunately, everything else (especialy breakfast and snack) are disgusting and less than a child could eat.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I had a HUGE pork chop on PS last week. I had a small beef wrap thing down to IAH this week. I thought the food on sCO was supposed to be great, but overall it doesn't seem like that much of an enhancement.
it used to be. for the past few years i've always been pleased with it. i haven't flown in F this year but it sounds to me like it's been downgraded lately...
Old May 5, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Listen, when you're hungover, that little wrap thingy was about perfect as it can get. Reminded me of Taco Bell.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I had the steak wrap? on a recent ORD-LGA, and thought it was the sorriest excuse for a meal I'd ever seen on a UA flight. Only managed to eat two forkfuls, before sending the entire meal (minus the cookie) back to the galley.

Give me the turkey sandwich any day, over the po$ served on-board.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:53 am

Its sad that the Y options are now more appealing than the F options. But they wont even comp them to a full F pax
Old May 5, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Listen, when you're hungover, that little wrap thingy was about perfect as it can get. Reminded me of Taco Bell.
the free cheeseburger in Y was great for hangovers while they still had them. with a beer, of course.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
So long as most of the F seats are occupied by freebies, whether, CPU's, certificate sof one kind another or Y/B/M-UP's, the quality of the soft product isn't going to improve (note the significant improvement in TCON ps & non-ps food service along with increased paid F).

I only wish that UA would better differentiate its F brand, cut out the freebies and provide a real F product.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
At the risk of having another negative UA comparison deleted, this was Wednesday's AA ORD-SFO dinner
Old May 5, 2012, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
That's a side effect of the EUA process and ToD lotteries at CO, not to mention $misek the cheap$kate.

At least on UA in the past you'd have to earn (by BIS) CR1s, and 500s (or buy them)
. With CO, if you buy Y or B (which aren't necessarily so expensive) you get F for free. UA used to offer a series of fares (usually E class) which were flexible/refundable but not auto-upgrades and not as expensive as Y, but they captured value in that they were flexible, which is what the company/traveler wanted.

In any event, the Taco Bell quality food in F is just ridiculous.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Agree with OP.

We had the chicken calzone on dinner for DEN-LAX, and then the same thing for lunch on IAH-SJU. Now which is it? Dinner or lunch? Seems like the latter to me.

It was OK, but it just seems like they need a better distinction between lunch and dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.