Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Please accept our apology" avail on PMUA only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Please accept our apology" avail on PMUA only?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Question "Please accept our apology" avail on PMUA only?

Are Those handy "Please accept our apology" cards that UA pursers can give to inconvenienced customers avail on PMUA flights only or does PMCO have them (or there own version) as well

Wonder if anyone knows?

FYI I had heard they did away with these after 3/3 but have found the hard way that they do still have these
Old May 4, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
They're standardized now. I had a nice FA apologize for a seat problem w/ one on a PMCO-metal flight about a month ago. It had the new logo/branding on it, but the same PMUA-style serial number on it to plug into the website. So it looks like this, at least, has indeed been standardized across all metal. The website processed it w/o issue.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nice to see this has remained/been expanded. I always appreciated the on-the-spot resolution that the apology certs provided.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:35 am

Last Tuesday I was flying on a (CO) flight and I jokingly mentioned to the FA that UA is really skimping on the salad choice as all I got was a few leaves of lettuce and I thought that they used to put something on top of it.

About a half hour later she whispers to me that they found an extra container of shrimp, after the service was completed, so she ate it.

Slipping me an "apology card" would have required her to pop for something outside the box of common sense & politeness. Then again, I guess it was probably better that this matter remained our little secret!

Last edited by LilAbner; May 4, 2012 at 7:02 am
Old May 4, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Strange, I find them very hard to get on board (although complaints made afterwards will usually result in something).

The only times I've ever received these on board were when the whole cabin got them. I've never been offered one on board individually, despite multiple instances of broken IFE, broken seats, unboarded special meals, and broken Empower ports through the years.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:57 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Last Tuesday I was flying on a (CO) flight and I jokingly mentioned to the FA that UA is really skimping on the salad choice as all I got was a few leaves of lettuce and I thought that they used to put something on top of it.

About a half hour later she whispers to me that they found an extra container of shrimp, after the service was completed, so she ate it.

Slipping me an "apology card" would have required her to pop for something outside the box of common sense & politeness. Then again, I guess it was probably better that this matter remained our little secret!
She ate your shrimp?
Old May 4, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
You can always try:

www.United.com/appreciation
Old May 4, 2012, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maize&blue
Strange, I find them very hard to get on board (although complaints made afterwards will usually result in something).

The only times I've ever received these on board were when the whole cabin got them. I've never been offered one on board individually, despite multiple instances of broken IFE, broken seats, unboarded special meals, and broken Empower ports through the years.
Were you in Y when you asked? They tend to give them only in F or C unless the whole flight gets them
Old May 4, 2012, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Were you in Y when you asked? They tend to give them only in F or C unless the whole flight gets them
It's probably been about half in Y, half in F/C. However, I've never asked for the apology cards specifically. I just meant that no FA has ever offered me one individually of his/her own volition, despite numerous times that this could have happened. It's possibly just bad luck on my part, or that spontaneous offers of apology cards aren't very common.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maize&blue
It's probably been about half in Y, half in F/C. However, I've never asked for the apology cards specifically. I just meant that no FA has ever offered me one individually of his/her own volition, despite numerous times that this could have happened. It's possibly just bad luck on my part, or that spontaneous offers of apology cards aren't very common.
They usually will just give one IF your in INT F or C and IF you point out the problem and instead of complaining, just let them know so it can be fixed in the future
Old May 4, 2012, 1:16 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Got one a few weeks back... was a PMUA plane/route... and the cert did work (had the tulip logo on it)...

Are Those handy "Please accept our apology" cards that UA pursers can give to inconvenienced customers avail on PMUA flights only or does PMCO have them (or there own version) as well

Wonder if anyone knows?

FYI I had heard they did away with these after 3/3 but have found the hard way that they do still have these
Old May 4, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA GLD 1MM, AA PLT 2MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
They usually will just give one IF your in INT F or C and IF you point out the problem and instead of complaining, just let them know so it can be fixed in the future
This is exactly what's happened to me; last was couple of weeks ago on SIN-NRT in C; crashing AVOD, resetting didn't resolve it, FA gave me a few minutes later a new-logo Appreciation cert. I failed over to movies on iPad, got 9k RDM.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:37 pm

Maybe that's why -- almost all my flights are domestic, and I don't think I've ever had any issues on my int'l flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.