Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Currently on a 739 with DTV and wifi. Wifi is working pretty well for this Monday morning flight. However, could the tray tables be any shorter? I'm in a regular E+ seat (row 10) and every single person I see with a laptop open (me and 2 others in my row) have the front half of their laptops hanging off the front end of the tray tables. Another couple of inches of extension would be VERY welcome.

I also see one lady across the aisle playing the dangerous game of having her laptop display under the DTV monitor, meaning the seat will slam down on her lid if the person in front of her reclines.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I also see one lady across the aisle playing the dangerous game of having her laptop display under the DTV monitor, meaning the seat will slam down on her lid if the person in front of her reclines.
just make sure she and the person in front of her don't have any beverage in their hands

(oh... you should have your cell phone camera standing by)
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Currently on a 739 with DTV and wifi. Wifi is working pretty well for this Monday morning flight. However, could the tray tables be any shorter? I'm in a regular E+ seat (row 10) and every single person I see with a laptop open (me and 2 others in my row) have the front half of their laptops hanging off the front end of the tray tables. Another couple of inches of extension would be VERY welcome.
The Airbus slimlines have the same issue, and I can't understand it. It's not like the aluminum arms are heavy or expensive, so it wasn't a cost saving thing. It's as though someone at Recaro just wanted to piss us off even more.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:47 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
... It's not like the aluminum arms are heavy or expensive, so it wasn't a cost saving thing. ....
every small savings times 100-150-200 .... seats does start to amount to something.

But agree the tiny tray tables are a pain.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:46 am

So is row 12 a eco plus for a whole row? I saw if I wanted to select 12 abc I gotta pay up for eco plus but 12 def is free to select without paying more.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL GM, Hertz 5*, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IamHungry
So is row 12 a eco plus for a whole row? I saw if I wanted to select 12 abc I gotta pay up for eco plus but 12 def is free to select without paying more.
It depends on the configuration; there are a few different versions of the 739 seat map:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...0/default.aspx

Sounds like your flight is the version 2 config, where 12ABC is E+ but 12DEF is not. If you look on the seat map, the available Economy Plus seat maps will be shaded blue and non E+ seats are white.

If I were you, I'd select a 12DEF seat, and hope that there is a plane swap to a configuration where row 12 is a full economy plus row.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm in 1A on an sCO 739 right now (3463), newly updated with wifi and slimlines. There is no cut-out for your feet at 1A/B. It's not as bad as 1E/F on the 319/320, but still something to be aware of if you like to stretch your legs.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Which 737-900s have slimline F seats?

From what I can tell, a slimline F seat:

1) Has a shorter seat pan
2) Back is thin and hard metal
3) Is lower to the floor, less storage and more back pain
4) Seat pitch is 1" smaller
5) Less recline

Are any 737-900s using the old pmCO F seats?
Old May 4, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: UA,AA,DL
Changed my version two days in a row

I had chosen 34F for the view but yesterday 14F opened up so I changed. Today they've changed the version again and there is no 14F. Got moved to the back of the wing completely blocking my view which was my concern.

I went ahead and got E+ 11F. Can anyone confirm this has a window on the plane with 38 rows that has E+ back to row 21? SeatGuru says 11A and 12a and F have no Windows.

Last edited by walkdmx; May 5, 2015 at 10:18 am
Old May 6, 2015, 8:07 am

where should I sit in F cabin? The plane has regular (non-slimline) seats. I am trying to decide between 1A/1B vs 2A/2B. I am 5'7", I dont know if the bulk head will bother me or not.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:25 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by quintic
where should I sit in F cabin? The plane has regular (non-slimline) seats. I am trying to decide between 1A/1B vs 2A/2B. I am 5'7", I dont know if the bulk head will bother me or not.
At 5'7" you will have plenty of room in bulkhead @:-)
Old May 27, 2015, 10:51 am

I'm flying EWR-SFO this Fri on a 739 V3. Per https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/ it's ship #3840. Am I correct in understanding it's completely dark? Not even wifi? (If so, yikes!)

Edit: checking the flight status "amenities" tab, wifi is available. Can I assume UA's website is most current?

Last edited by mehitabel; May 27, 2015 at 11:03 am
Old May 27, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by mehitabel
I'm flying EWR-SFO this Fri on a 739 V3. Per https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/ it's ship #3840. Am I correct in understanding it's completely dark? Not even wifi? (If so, yikes!)

Edit: checking the flight status "amenities" tab, wifi is available. Can I assume UA's website is most current?
not sure if/when Bunky fixed it, but 3840 now shows wifi on the fleet site (make sure you're refreshed, embedded google docs is a bit weird).

As a general rule of thumb 739s are going straight from SEA induction to INT for at least wifi (usually split scimitar winglets too) as UA is (finally) able to commit to an almost completely non-dark fleet (on remaining 738 midlav to enter mod, even though OHTV isn't officially dark).
Old May 27, 2015, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by wto605
not sure if/when Bunky fixed it, but 3840 now shows wifi on the fleet site (make sure you're refreshed, embedded google docs is a bit weird).

As a general rule of thumb 739s are going straight from SEA induction to INT for at least wifi (usually split scimitar winglets too) as UA is (finally) able to commit to an almost completely non-dark fleet (on remaining 738 midlav to enter mod, even though OHTV isn't officially dark).
You're right (as is Bunky) - I read the table incorrectly; saw the "wifi stream coming soon" and missed the "wifi" column. Oops. Thanks for the correction!
Old May 28, 2015, 5:29 am

My flight from EWR to LAS (with 738) was cancelled, and i was rebooked to a flight with 739.
I had originally paid for E+ seats 7A and B, and is now moved to 8 A+B.
How are those (on seatguru they are yellow) my travelpartner are 198 cm tall, should i ask for 7 or 8 EF seats? (Or do you think they will give me exit row without extra cost?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.