Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

NEW United Int. Global First & BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW United Int. Global First & BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold, DL Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
I just travel with my nice slippers with me in coach! :-)
I also take a pair of slippers with me! Have gotten many on LH F flights, they come in so handy!
Old May 1, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Of course, a purported improvement in service and not so much as a peep from UA about it, despite seemingly endless bad press from all sides. Whoever is running marketing after Compton's promotion should be removed...
Old May 1, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by munichmarcus
I also take a pair of slippers with me! Have gotten many on LH F flights, they come in so handy!
I just keep the slippers they give me on NH and CA while I'm in C on the inter-Asia flights. And then I grab the others in C that nobody used when exiting the jet . They've come in handy on the UA TPAC flights, when you don't want to get your feet wet in the lavatory. And it doesn't matter which class of lavatory you use, there is always some sort of liquid on the floor after takeoff - ugh. Thus making the UA tube socks useless for anything other than lying in your seat.

I'm curious if AA will provide slippers or tube socks in Intl C?
Old May 1, 2012, 3:03 pm
OSL

Programs: Eurobonus
Does anyone have a photo of the new amenity kit?

Rune
Old May 1, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jigen666
I just keep the slippers they give me on NH and CA while I'm in C on the inter-Asia flights. And then I grab the others in C that nobody used when exiting the jet . They've come in handy on the UA TPAC flights, when you don't want to get your feet wet in the lavatory. And it doesn't matter which class of lavatory you use, there is always some sort of liquid on the floor after takeoff - ugh. Thus making the UA tube socks useless for anything other than lying in your seat.

As far as I got to know (AA.COM), they do now on all int. F Class flights! Pyjamas and slippers and also a new enhanced premium amenity kit, so I wonder since it is the (only) big competitor...if UA follows!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Flying TATL on May 2

On UA 916 , IAD - FRA , on May 2. They changed the aircraft today to the new lie-flat Business seats ( 777-200 new config. ). Will post later.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeeRam
On UA 916 , IAD - FRA , on May 2. They changed the aircraft today to the new lie-flat Business seats ( 777-200 new config. ). Will post later.
Enjoy your flight! Try to get an isle seat, best on the window side!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
New BF amenities bag - it now includes a pen!
It didn't before? I could have sworn that's where all those little teensy pens I have came from...
PMUA had a pen in their Murad kit.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
PMUA had a pen in their Murad kit.
YES it did!
Old May 2, 2012, 7:11 am

Is the only "upgrade" a new amenity kit?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by JetAway
Is the only "upgrade" a new amenity kit?
Based on my experience TPAC in BF on 5/1, it seems so. It comes in a new pouch and included are the socks, eye mask, comb, toothbrush, sanitizing wipes, mints, lip balm (Philosophy by WESSCO), lotion (Philosophy by WESSCO), pen, and tissues.

The menu was almost identical to the one I had a month ago although, as previously reported, instead of the spring roll we got the shrimp skewer. It was actually decent. The main meal options were filet mignon, shrimp and scallops with noodles, and chicken over the jasmine rice. Desert was either cheese and crackers or the ice cream ball. Pre-departure meal was either fruits and yogurt or chicken and shrimp couscous. The warm nuts were "enhanced" to only half of the ramekin but the FA walked around with a bowl of nuts and refilled as desired.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:23 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Jigen666

No slippers in C - only tube socks.

Enjoy your flight! Try to get an isle seat, best on the window side!
No man is an isle.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:41 am

is it me or does it sound like the gray old BF kit (pmCO) everything inside it is blue or gray.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:57 am

It doesn't sound like there have been any upgrades yet, besides the amenity kit.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
As far as I got to know (AA.COM), they do now on all int. F Class flights! Pyjamas and slippers and also a new enhanced premium amenity kit, so I wonder since it is the (only) big competitor...if UA follows!
Slippers provided on AA long haul international F and C classes. Pajamas in F only. Even Delta offers slippers on the Asian routes in BE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.