Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Miles and/or CoPay not deducted on award booking/ upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles and/or CoPay not deducted on award booking/ upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, UA 1K
Question Miles and/or CoPay not deducted on award booking/ upgrade

I booked a ticket on my miles a couple of months ago, then a couple of weeks ago I called and changed the outbound date. So they redeposited the miles they had initially taken out, issued a new ticket, but no miles were taken out of my account. It's already been 2 weeks. I'm wondering if they made a mistake? Is that even possible?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Yes, it happens. Sometimes they'll catch the mistake, sometimes they won't.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Shhhh, don't ruin it for those of us in the same situation
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:43 pm

Reward not deducted from my account

Just a general question..

I purchased a reward ticket for 32,500 miles about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The miles have still not been deducted from my account. Is this normal? Does it usually take a while for the deduction to occur?

I got my flight confirmation # and I can log in and see it...so its confirmed...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Has the reservation been ticketed yet? If no, then you might want to call and ask what is going on with your reservation.

Last edited by USFdonWill; Jul 9, 2012 at 6:53 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
No - should have come out right away IME...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need e-Ticket Number, NOT just confirmation number.

Can you see your reservation online to have the button for you to print RECEIPT? If so, then you should be able to see your e-ticket details. Not to worry about the miles not deducted yet.

If not, then your reservation has not ticketed yet.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:36 pm

well this is STRANGE.....just logged in with my confirmation # and originally my flight was JFK - Brussels - BKK - Krabi (Thailand)....now its just showing Brussesl - BKK - Krabi....what the heck happened to my JFK - Brussels segment?? Guess I def have to call now....
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by SzatRyan
well this is STRANGE.....just logged in with my confirmation # and originally my flight was JFK - Brussels - BKK - Krabi (Thailand)....now its just showing Brussesl - BKK - Krabi....what the heck happened to my JFK - Brussels segment?? Guess I def have to call now....
Sounds like you weren't ticketed, so the airline probably cancelled the space when they didn't see a ticket.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:40 pm

Hi,
I bought my ticket two weeks ago for 30,000 miles and the deduction was a few seconds matter. (the same thing when buying triple miles a month ago, my account was credited immediately)
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:44 pm

Going to call up United here shortly - will update with that the deal is!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:37 pm

It's amazing how much more help you can get from just calling back and speaking to a different service agent

Itinerary
JFK to Brussels - Brussels Airline
Brussels to Bangkok - Thai Airways
Bangkok to Krabi - Thai Airways

First Call to United - wait time 35 minutes - very rude agent, tried rushing me off the phone several times...said that I needed to go on Brussels Airlines website and put a special confirmation # in there and thats why the first leg of my trip wasn't showing up anymore then said thank you and hung up....ummm...what? Gave it a shot and entered this "confirmation number" on the Brussels Airlines website, and it could not be found...no surprise here

Second Call to United - wait time 32 minutes - very helpful agent - she said while the ticket had been confirmed when I booked it 2 weeks ago, an e-ticket had not been issued so some of my segments started getting cancelled out..she reinstated my entire itinerary and the 32,500 miles were deducted from my account immediately. 5 minutes later I had my e-ticket in my email

Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold, SWA, Lifemiles, Emirates, Amex Plat.
Award miles not deducted

A friend recently changed an award ticket that should have resulted in additional miles being need. Miles have not been deducted from his account. Will it be caught or is he just lucky?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by legallyblond
A friend recently changed an award ticket that should have resulted in additional miles being need. Miles have not been deducted from his account. Will it be caught or is he just lucky?
Only time will tell. Sometimes months later.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:20 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Generally, if things aren't caught in advance, the ticket will be 'Out of sync'. When you go to check in. it will be caught and the points deducted at that time. This has happened to me twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.