Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Connection times in CLE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Note that UAL says minimum connecting time 90 minutes on an international flight. While that might be "doable", I don't see UA selling you a ticket with that short of a connection. If you buy it as 2 tickets and you miss the second flight, UA has no responsibility to help you. You'll pay to change your second ticket.
Can you provide backup where UA blanket says international flights require 90 minute connections? Considering MCT is done differently by airport, I'd love to read about this supposed change in policy.

Even if that was the case, YYC flights pre-clear in Canada and are treated as domestic flights, including for MTC purposes. They land in B in DEN, just like a flight from SFO or ABQ. Over the years, including since the merger, I have booked dozens and dozens of departures from YYZ/YVR that connect through EWR/ORD/DEN/SFO/LAX with <90 minute connection times, and yes, on one ticket. In fact, the only time it's not an option to book a =< 90 minute connection is if there is no flight to the destination point within that time frame. I usually book ~ 1 hour connection, however, even from Canada have done a 35 minute connection at ORD when it was he only option that worked. I usually leave a little more time in winter with potential irrops from winter storms, de-icing, etc. But the option is always there.

Whether one wants to book a < hour connection is a different question, and may be influenced by other factors such as familiarity with connecting, familiarity with the connecting airport, whether one has kids in tow, etc. Personally, I would have no hesitation to book the OPs itinerary, knowing the 37 minute connection is at a small'ish airport and that even if it is running late, I'm not afraid to suggest alternate flights and the reasonable requests I have made to UA for rebooking have always been completed without a problem.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:37 am

Cle

37 min in Cle is fine (15 would even be ok). Clerarley even has a weather delay. Your walk will be in the 100 meter range on the connection
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:08 am

CLE airport is fairly empty and easy to navigate for UA. This is especially true after the hub removal. You will probably see more vendors than people. As long as they don't leave early you're fine.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
Be sure not to gate check anything on the first leg. You can end up spending 15 minutes on the jetway waiting for gate checked bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.