Wiki Posts
Search

Selling United airline vouchers online

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Question Selling United airline vouchers online

Hi,
I have a question regarding selling united airline voucher online. I have $400 worth of voucher which I am not planning to use. I quickly searched on ebay for any listing of others selling but found none. I read online many such horror stories such as fraud and account locked linked to selling vouchers.

Can you guys provide some input on what is the best way to sell if possible. Hope its safe. I know I have to mail out the voucher to United's houston address if redeem and it can no longer be redeemed at the airport.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Selling United airline vouchers online

Do not sell - not allowed

Last edited by l etoile; Apr 23, 2012 at 5:56 am
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ordogg
.. Do not sell ...
at least to stranger, if discovered risks exist.

Last edited by l etoile; Apr 23, 2012 at 5:56 am Reason: Removed now-deleted quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:56 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
aadivasi, welcome to FlyerTalk!

As you now know that these airline vouchers may not be sold or bartered on line or otherwise, the following thread has the best discussion of how to use/redeem these vouchers. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ter-3-3-a.html
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

what type of risks are involved, can u plz elaborate?

and what is this coupon connection?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by aadivasi
Your account can be closed and you lose all your miles. Whoever you sell to can have their account closed and they lose all their miles, too.

It's a section of FT where trading is allowed but you don't meet the access requirements (180 days here and 180 posts.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:04 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Coupon Connection is a restricted forum where members with 180 days of membership and 180 posts can exchange travel coupons which are legally exchangeable with other members.

Risks: airlines monitor sales of coupons which cannot be sold and have been known to cancel vouchers which are sold, charging the purchaser the full fare to travel; and, as to the seller, severly punishing or closing that person's mileage account. Airlines can also take other legal action against a seller of coupons or vouchers.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,

If you check the voucher you received it will list that the voucher shouldn't be sold, bartered, etc.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I quickly searched on ebay for any listing of others selling but found none.
No eBay listing is because the airline will force eBay to remove those listings.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I will suggest as follow

use the voucher on a a friend, relative, co-worker that is going to travel for a fee. No need to deal with strangers. If this is not an option, use it on yourself by taking a weekend trip and visit a new area. Granted, this will incur the hotel and or car rental fee, but at least you are visiting another area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.