Wiki Posts
Search

Business first v. Global First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
...avoid paying $3000 or miles and cash for a bowl of soup
Looks like many agree with you: on a 747 flight tomorrow (in UD); Business is FULL and First has only two booked (out of 12).
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by morelegroom
Friendly question
DW is "mobile disabled" and can have trouble buckling her seat belt. Normally I am sitting next to her in Business and it's no big deal. But we are in Global First IAD ROM. the pods seem to make it hard to help her. Is it reasonable to ask the FA to secure her seat belt if we get the seat belt sign? Or should I just belt her first and go back to my seat. we are in 1A and 2A (first flight in UA global first)
I'd let the FA know your situation when you get on board - im sure it won't be an issue and worst case it's easy to get from 1A to 2A....
Old May 2, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by narvik
...on a 747 flight tomorrow (in UD); Business is FULL and First has only two booked (out of 12).
Well, Business was oversold, and they filled GF with op-up.

Got to sit in 1K.

View was awesome (pic 1, landing at SFO), soup was delicious (pic 2).
Attached Images   

Last edited by narvik; May 3, 2016 at 12:41 am
Old May 2, 2016, 11:51 am

Question: If I book UA Global First from a city in Europe to IAD, what are the chances that GF will be uninstalled by the time of my flight (March 27, 2017)?
I've heard rumors that UA is planning on getting rid of International First Class on all their aircraft. I don't want to get involuntarily downgraded to Business First.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by joer1212
Question: If I book UA Global First from a city in Europe to IAD, what are the chances that GF will be uninstalled by the time of my flight (March 27, 2017)?
I've heard rumors that UA is planning on getting rid of International First Class on all their aircraft. I don't want to get involuntarily downgraded to Business First.
If they are selling it, there is a good chance that you might still be able to fly it. Unless they roll in the 773s and the 350s, this retrofit might take some time and you might probably be alright. If you get downgraded to business, you can always ask to be moved to another city that is offering UA F or LH or LX F
Old May 2, 2016, 12:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by joer1212
UA is not outfitting GF in any new aircraft. As of now GF will continue to exists until aircraft are retired. The one exception if the 763s with GF are being retrofitted as 2-class.

The more major the city the longer GF will be available. LHR will have GF for many more years (my guess at least 2020, if not longer).

more discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...bal-first.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...bal-first.html
Old May 2, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
If they are selling it, there is a good chance that you might still be able to fly it. Unless they roll in the 773s and the 350s, this retrofit might take some time and you might probably be alright. If you get downgraded to business, you can always ask to be moved to another city that is offering UA F or LH or LX F
That "probably" worries me.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA is not outfitting GF in any new aircraft. As of now GF will continue to exists until aircraft are retired. The one exception if the 763s with GF are being retrofitted as 2-class.

The more major the city the longer GF will be available. LHR will have GF for many more years (my guess at least 2020, if not longer).

more discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...bal-first.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...bal-first.html
Thanks for the info & link.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 2, 2016 at 12:25 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 2, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I agree that you are fine. Worst case scenario you can get them to rebook you on F on another carrier, which would leave you better off, if you ask me!
Old May 2, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
I really hope they keep GF around for a while, as I absolutely intend to fly that cabin when I can (yes, I will probably be booked in C or D, and GPU up... sometimes these fares are more expensive than the discount A int'l fares though).

Also, is there any news on A350's entering the UA fleet? There is no mention on the UA fleet website, though all of the 773's are shown there with tail numbers (one entering service late 2016, and the rest through 2017 into 2018)... maybe the A350's are a few years off?
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I agree that you are fine. Worst case scenario you can get them to rebook you on F on another carrier, which would leave you better off, if you ask me!
Yeah, in a perfect world, maybe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.