Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

how view assigned seat data for confirmed reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM

From the screen headed, "View Reservations by Confirmation Number" I can find all manner of flight details--date, departure airport, arrival time, etc., etc, AND etc, for my confirmed reservations,
BUT
I don't see our upgraded-to-biz (or any) seats identified anywhere on that screen---where it would seem logically for that information to be displayed.
At time of making a reservation online I know that seatmaps are handily available for making seat selections, but once a res is confirmed, how can one see a selected seat?
My phone battery died after being on and off hold with a 1K phone agent, who, of course COULD see assigned seats, but was contacting a webtech while I waited for ~20 minutes, a brief wait by recent reports, for info on how to advise ME to see my party's seat assignments...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Assuming you mean the regular website, when you go into view each reservation, there's a "View/Change Seats" button right under the schedule that will take you to the seat maps.

On the same screen as the reservation, but *very* far down are the seat assignments (and another link to change them). They're below the offers for buy-ups and trip insurance, but before the price detail. You have to scroll down quite a ways to see it.

On the iPhone app, you have to select the reservation and the seat assignment is the last line of each segment's detail.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Troodat--what festdave says, AND: an observation:

I gather that the presence of a view/change seats button allows the system to display a seatmap on demand, i.e., without creating bandwidth demands for the graphic, etc., every time a reservation is viewed, so A+ for that functionality.^
However,
assigned seat information must surely be as significant as flight date and time--which do display automatically-- and definitely should, I think, display without requiring separate keystrokes to discover.

And so now you have my (additional) .02.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by dcutcher
I gather that the presence of a view/change seats button allows the system to display a seatmap on demand, i.e., without creating bandwidth demands for the graphic, etc., every time a reservation is viewed, so A+ for that functionality.^
However,
assigned seat information must surely be as significant as flight date and time--which do display automatically-- and definitely should, I think, display without requiring separate keystrokes to discover.

And so now you have my (additional) .02.

The seat information is at the bottom of the res, so you don't have to load the map to see your seats. I think the expectation is that the seat information is next to each flight segment, as it is on many airlines. The concern sounds like it may be a usability issue with the website.

Personally, I prefer it when they show the seats next to each segment, and make them linkable to the seat map. To your bandwidth concerns, with the current website, you have to View/Change Seats, then go to the appropriate flight (i.e., load 2 seatmaps if you want to change just one seat that's not the first). With most sites, if you want to change the third seat, you just click the third seat.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I'm with the OP. I have two trips where I bought J and upgraded to F (list as NO) on the res. If I scroll to the bottom, I can see the seats for the domestic, unupgraded flights but the int'l upgraded flights show "--". When I called CO/UA about this, they can see my seat assignments and they can send me a confirmation of the rez that lists the appropriate seats in the email. They've no idea why I can't seem them online.

Of course, now the only way to regularly check and confirm nothing has gone wrong is for me to call--and sit on hold--and speak to an agent to have my record emailed to me again. In the future, I'll be insisting the agent remain on the phone until I get their email and check my seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.