Wiki Posts
Search

April 15th: "The Re-sweep"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by dboston
Is word on the street that the 150% EQM on upgraded flights will be "corrected" in this upcoming sweep?
I would assume so - since its a correction in UA's favour
I am also not holding my breath for ON flights being "swept" properly - since its in the customer's favour
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: United: 1K Global Services, Million Miler, Starwood Plat. Fairmont Presidents Plat
Re-Sweep? Just fix the system!

I am having an issue with my MP number and name not matching. I have call MP, faxed letters to a special "expedited fax number", call Global Services, sent messages on Twitter, asked for help at the airport...nothing, nada, zip. too bad...

I can't get seat assignments, it took me 50 min to move from a middle seat to aisle.

Yeah, I am sure, I am an outlier something on the edge. But what is frustrating is that after 5 years of Global Service level Loyalty (over 200k of EQM last year), I can't find anyone on the airline who a) care or b) can fix my issue.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Data point

I had two sCO flights on March 1st that had not posted for several weeks. I never called UA about it figuring that I'd wait until all the sweeps were done.

On April 1 the two flights posted and my totals adjusted accordingly. Odd that it happened on one of the previously rumored sweep days.

All of the other issues with extra PQMs for upgraded flights and ON flights not posting at all are still happening wiht my account.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:12 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CASAFlyer
I am assuming that this will be the case. If not, I will be pleased to have a received ~3k PQM bonus as token goodwill for the merger induced troubles created in the March flights.
I'm assuming so, too. And assuming they do get corrected out of existence, I hope that happens earlier rather than later. I can just imagine a retroactive adjustment sometime in 2013 dropping pax back a level of status...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Beware the ides of April!
Actually the Ides of April is April 13th.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
After spending 25 minutes w/MP call center just now, CSR informed me this sweep will take place by end of April, not early April or 15 April. I will call on 1 May for missing miles since 28 Feb. I am not going to waste my time calling MP again for my missing miles. This merger is a disgrace.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
After spending 25 minutes w/MP call center just now, CSR informed me this sweep will take place by end of April, not early April or 15 April. I will call on 1 May for missing miles since 28 Feb. I am not going to waste my time calling MP again for my missing miles. This merger is a disgrace.
Yup, I was told the same by GS line. They said call back in a month, and that it was not possible to do anything until then.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
No surprise, we still see countless earning errors. Why resweep if they still haven't fixed the issues.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:02 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brasila
Can't imagine the amount of money they are losing because tickets are probably not being charged correctly or even at all.
Oh, you can bet taking your money for tickets is the one feature they've put a lot of effort into (even if it's asking for the payment in the wrong currencies sometimes right now...).
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
I was told by an exasperated CS Supervisor on the 1K desk (pre-merger CO employee for 18 years) that she didn't expect the myriad of system gaffs to go away until late 2012 - 6 months if they are lucky. I'm not holding my breath for the 4/15 re-sweep

deek
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Maybe the sweep explains why they haven't issued RPU's or GPU's yet this year?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
My ON flights (GPU upgrade from D->F) from 3/20 that wouldn't post.... posted today. Properly. April 15's sweep came early!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
My ON flights (GPU upgrade from D->F) from 3/20 that wouldn't post.... posted today. Properly. April 15's sweep came early!
Mine also posted. Cheers! Lifetime miles still incorrect, tho.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:15 pm

Hiring new programmers!?

I called in late March about all of my missing flights. The agent told me that she could see many "pending" flights in my account and it would be fixed on April 1. That came and went with no change. I called again yesterday and was told that they were trying to hire new programmers to fix the problems by April 15. I don't believe it but found the response amusing.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
I am now being told "by April 26" ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.