Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-cert fiasco.....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Angry e-cert fiasco.....

I have (had) an (unused ticket) that was to expire in June and as I had never re-booked one of these online before I thought, hey walk through the process to see how it works and cancel before the final stage.

Well to make a long story short, I checked my credit card online tonight and to my surprise there was a charge from United. I logged onto United and sure enough the test reservation was showing as ticketed even though I am quite positive I did not finish the booking. I checked my e-mails to see if they sent me a confirmation and nope, nada, there was none. I assume if I did receive an e-mail I could have resolved right away.

After over an hours wait in trying to get through to United, and then having the most useless discussion with the CSR I just hung up and called my credit card company to dispute the charge. I then sent off an e-mail to United to try and get this sorted out. I am not sure which is worse, trying to call United or actually speaking with one of their reps...

My question is, what are the odds United will remedy this situation and do right by me? Apologies if I am not coherent in what I am saying, but I am on the phone with United right now and my blood pressure is rising.

Last edited by jamflyer; Mar 23, 2012 at 9:58 pm
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
So after more than 3 hours (wait and speaking with various reps) on the phone with UA/CO and more misinformation (a political super PAC would have been proud) from the poorly trained CSR's this was finally resolved in my favor.

UA was convinced that I cannot book the e-cert online - which along with the fact that I disputed the charge with my CC company, was the key in getting this resolved.

This experience puts united #3 on my flight options - and I fly out of EWR!!!!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
getting an ecert to work?

My husband tried to book two tickets using an e-cert for each: could NOT get it to ticket on line, finally called the 1K desk: they booked the ticket.

The agent said the discount would "show up" on the e reciept. Five days later, the ticket is still showing as a full fare on our CC bill. How long shoud we wait before calling again to try and straighten this out?

My husband has already called about this once and was assured it was "OK"

We are getting tired of calling and calling for every transaction on United.Con. I want the "old" UA back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.