Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Are you on the waitlist and using a RPU or GPU (old Cr1 / SWU)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you on the waitlist and using a RPU or GPU (old Cr1 / SWU)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation Are you on the waitlist and using a RPU or GPU (old Cr1 / SWU)

checked UA.com today 1st time in a week to see if theres any R inventory for my end of April 6am flight. (i waitlisted them when I booked them over a month ago using my CR1s) to my surprise it showed R5 , great so I went to pick aseat only to see Im still Waitlist for the Upgrade

called the 1K desk waited all of 2 mins, and got an Ex Con rep and when I explained why I was calling , I got the whole speech of how even if there are seats in FC we dont give them away we want to sell them etc etc.

I then told her I fully understand that , so she asks whats my problem.I said I saw that on United.com under Fare Class its showing R is 5 so why am I still on the WL? she says that cant be so I said please pull up the flight , she did and says You are Correct, why didnt we clear you? tells me to hold on comes back 20 mins later and says Im confirmed in Biz (its a ps flight)

Now it may be a 1 off but I suggest anyone especially who like me applied their SWUs or CR1s before 3/3 to check every so often to make sure R isnt > 0 otherwise you just might end up flying in Y as tkted and some TODs person sitting in what should have been your Cleared UP

Yea Jeff Im really LOVING the new UA

Last edited by J.Edward; Mar 20, 2012 at 5:48 pm
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It's not a 1 off, and it's not just a pre-3/3 applied issue. This affected me all last year, and it's already affected me for a post-3/3 issued ticket.

But SHARES is better!!!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've got a PS flight coming up in less than 2 weeks with every F fare class showing 9s and all C classes showing 9s and Y<9. R=0.

Under normal circumstances I would have cleared at the 4 week mark.

I've no idea what's going on here.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Sorry if I'm being a complete idiot, but how do I search for R availability on UA.com? I'd like to check EWR-HNL availability for later in the year for a RPU at ticketing.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by alex_b
Sorry if I'm being a complete idiot, but how do I search for R availability on UA.com? I'd like to check EWR-HNL availability for later in the year for a RPU at ticketing.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...inventory.html @:-)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
I'm waitlisted with my wife on a CR1 for a flight in May, an A319 with F8/A7/P7 and of course R=0 since we booked it, back in early February.

No one shown up on the F seat map, and with A/P7 there probably is not a single person booked in it.

However, i'm guessing that if R actually does open up, my CR1 won't clear (it was a common problem reported last year on the CO threads), so it must be a known issue that they still haven't worked on, but assumed all the PMUA folks would be fine with this - the way the new airline operates - because as we all know - it was a change that the thought we'd like...how wrong they were.

-jeremy
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Thanks, sorry.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Edit thread title.

It's GPU & RPU, not 'GPM' & 'RPM'
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Does this mean I'm out of luck for an upgrade:
F1, A0, JN2, Z0, ZN0, P0, PN0, R0, RN0, IN0, I0, Y9, YN9, B9, M9, E9, U9, H9, HN9, Q9, V9, W9, S9, T9, L4, K0, G0, N0, XN2, X0
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by earlson
Does this mean I'm out of luck for an upgrade:
F1, A0, JN2, Z0, ZN0, P0, PN0, R0, RN0, IN0, I0, Y9, YN9, B9, M9, E9, U9, H9, HN9, Q9, V9, W9, S9, T9, L4, K0, G0, N0, XN2, X0
Yes - but you could redeem miles for two coach tickets if you're an elite!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer215
Edit thread title.

It's GPU & RPU, not 'GPM' & 'RPM'
my bad will RBP it
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Waitlisted for Upgrade with GPU, Not Clearing When R Class Available

I've got an EWR-SEA flight on 4/8 flight 800 departing at 3:25pm as part of a return trip from HKG. I applied a GPU at booking last week.. my itinerary shows the waitlist for R class for this segment. I've been checking it every day and suddenly this morning UA800 shows R8..yet the upgrade is still waitlisted.

Called and an agent manually cleared it.. she had no idea why it didn't auto-clear.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I've got an EWR-SEA flight on 4/8 flight 800 departing at 3:25pm as part of a return trip from HKG. I applied a GPU at booking last week.. my itinerary shows the waitlist for R class for this segment. I've been checking it every day and suddenly this morning UA800 shows R8..yet the upgrade is still waitlisted.

Called and an agent manually cleared it.. she had no idea why it didn't auto-clear.
It's now part of the merger, check this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...inventory.html
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: UA, 1K
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR

Same thing happened to us a few weeks ago. Indeed, in our case, the way the agent got it to clear was to cancel the upgrade and immediately reapply. Anyone applying a GPU in that window would have taken precedence over those waitlisted (including us who were waitlisted since January). The GPU/RPU processes are *broken* and AFAIK not being fixed, despite promises to the contrary
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by cchuang1980
It's now part of the merger, check this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...inventory.html
Thanks.. this is a different issue though. That thread is "how to find upgrade inventory" (although someone at the end did post with a similar problem to mine). This issue deserves its own thread... it's possible there is another one out there that I didn't find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.