Search

Award Travel Question - Punta Cana

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Award Travel Question - Punta Cana

Hi all,

I have a quick question...I'm currently booked on a reward ticket from PSP to Punta Cana by way of PHX and EWR. I only have an hour connection time in EWR before the flight to PUJ. I try searching for other options from PSP to PUJ during my travel dates and nothing comes up...BUT I do see there are saver award flights on individual segments PSP-SFO and SFO-EWR...I'm already on the EWR-PUJ nonstop for that day.

I'm currently on hold with United 1 800 number. Is this possible to "build" by calling and letting the agents know what segments/flights I would like that are at the saver award level?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
You want to change PSP-PHX-EWR-PUJ to PSP-SFO-EWR-PUJ?

/WITHIN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
1. PSP-CO/UA-DEN/LAS/LAX/PDX/SEA/SFO/SJC/SMF-CHI/EWR/HOU/WAS-
PUJ

It looks like a valid route. Although I don't see any fares on CO.bomb with the SFO in the routing when I searched for non-award travel, I'm able to build it manually on ITA (Fare rules: SFO UA EWR UA). So, short answer is yes, the agent should be able to build it for you.

Last edited by Strom; Mar 16, 2012 at 11:12 pm
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Hi thanks for the reply.

I just got off the phone and there would be a change fee associated with this reward. The first segment PSP-PHX is booked with US Airways and thus because it is a change of airlines, they want to charge $75 per ticket. I'm going to stick with the original routing unless something else opens up.

I'm just not very comfortable with a hour one layover in EWR when there is only one non stop flight to PUJ that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.