Wiki Posts
Search

UA PQM CON Game?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, LH, HH DIAMOND, MR GOLD
UA PQM CON Game?

I booked a full fare "Y" round trip ticket for next week. The web site indicated that I would receive 1.5 PQM for every BIS mile. Then, when I elected to use an upgrade to avoid the lottery on one leg, I got taken. The upgrade cleared immediately and indicated First Class (R). However, when I looked at the PQM earning it showed 100% instead of the previous 150%. What gives? I spent an upgrade and lost half of my PQM. Is this a fluke or the new math at UA?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:08 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Known display bug. You will (or should, anyway) still earn the 150% full Y bonus.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOOMER339
I booked a full fare "Y" round trip ticket for next week. The web site indicated that I would receive 1.5 PQM for every BIS mile. Then, when I elected to use an upgrade to avoid the lottery on one leg, I got taken. The upgrade cleared immediately and indicated First Class (R). However, when I looked at the PQM earning it showed 100% instead of the previous 150%. What gives? I spent an upgrade and lost half of my PQM. Is this a fluke or the new math at UA?
Why use an upgrade if your ticket is full Y? Y fare bucket takes priority over any non-GS using an upgrade instrument (and maybe even ahead of GS all the way up to day of travel now)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: exUA, WN
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Why use an upgrade if your ticket is full Y? Y fare bucket takes priority over any non-GS using an upgrade instrument (and maybe even ahead of GS all the way up to day of travel now)
OP didn't say domestic. I'd assumed international.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by BOOMER339

Unless they screwed something up on March 3, you should get full 1.5 PQM credit. As another poster said, this is a known (and ancient) continental.com bug. It's bad enough that CO let its own customer suffer with it for years, but to expose now 2x as many legacy UA customers to it was a super bad idea. CO's site kept track of paid class v. flown class. I'm not sure why it's such an issue for the site to display PQM based on paid class. I think you'll be OK though.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bentruler
"Upgrade lottery" generally refers to domestic - a full Y fare isn't getting you into C on an int'l flight anyways
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bentruler
True, but if there is a "lottery" involved it seems that CPUs might be at play.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.