Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Miles for EVA Air (* Alliance Member as of 18 June 2013) Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Miles for EVA Air (* Alliance Member as of 18 June 2013) Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bookexp
I just tried it today. Same story. They need 24 hours to confirm and it's deja vu...
The 24 hour confirm thing is a process step on the UA side. Did the agents know to book in the right (re-aligned) class?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My understanding is that EVA moved to Amadeus (from their internal EVAPARS) on 3/17. Maybe UA's system is still sending messages to EVAPARS? You would think that either EVA is re-directing it, UA was told to make the change or there is some big routing table somewhere that is updated on how to route all BR messages to Amadeus instead of EVAPARS?

If this is broken, is through-check-in broken? I called their TPE office (GSA) and the lady said they never book MileagePlus awards for passengers (passengers in Taiwan would need to book on-line or call the US number) there and they rarely book revenue tickets on BR. So, she did not know.

Also, an award booking I made did get the booking classes changed correctly this past weekend - both on the UA side and on the EVA side. My UA ticket receipt still shows the old classes though. I wonder what happens if I need the tickets re-issued or re-validated.

Another thing I wonder is if MileagePlus is already updated to handle the new booking classes correctly.

Last edited by username; Apr 23, 2013 at 10:56 pm
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I asked the agent to book on I class, and was told that's for economy.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by Bookexp
I asked the agent to book on I class, and was told that's for economy.
Same, and the unticketed itinerary on UA.com stills shows Economy(I). And I had the 24h wait, which led to unconfirmed seat.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.abacus.com.tw/abacus_2004...adlinenbr=9328 shows I is the old economy. So, I think if UA does not update it (and booking can be done), book I and sit in PL
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
just wanted to check here... am I able to check what flights are available on Eva through united.com?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by twkidM3
just wanted to check here... am I able to check what flights are available on Eva through united.com?
No, you won't be able to check Eva flights on united.com. You can register on Eva and check through their site. But no guarantees that you can book and confirm when you call MP. I've been trying for the last few weeks and none of my reservations stuck.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Same, and the unticketed itinerary on UA.com stills shows Economy(I). And I had the 24h wait, which led to unconfirmed seat.
Having an friend booked BR award stored under my trip in UA.com which showed Economy booking class changed to X today. It was like a schedule change display and asking for clicking confirmation.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:00 pm

PQMs for BR flights?

Will BR flights start earning PQM immediately after joining the star alliance on 6/18? If so, will the PQM earning schedule match the one currently posted for base miles (http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...px?ItemId=71)?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 6e23
Will BR flights start earning PQM immediately after joining the star alliance on 6/18? If so, will the PQM earning schedule match the one currently posted for base miles (http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...px?ItemId=71)?
Yes to PQMs.

Don't assume the same as RDMs. Many *A partners get less than 100% for PQMs.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Just called and tried to book a BR award through the global services desk. Immediately after the request they got a UC (unable to confirm). I tried to explain that I think the requests are getting routed to Eva's old system instead of the new system they recently switched to. They suggested I call back on a week day and we could try and escalate the issue and maybe even try to call Eva Air directly to do a manual booking. I'll post an update once I get a chance to call tomorrow.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by chutchins
Just called and tried to book a BR award through the global services desk. Immediately after the request they got a UC (unable to confirm). I tried to explain that I think the requests are getting routed to Eva's old system instead of the new system they recently switched to. They suggested I call back on a week day and we could try and escalate the issue and maybe even try to call Eva Air directly to do a manual booking. I'll post an update once I get a chance to call tomorrow.
Does anyone know if EVA Air award bookings can be mixed with legs operated by Star Alliance partners?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Does anyone know if EVA Air award bookings can be mixed with legs operated by Star Alliance partners?
Yes (with MileagePlus)
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Originally Posted by chutchins
Had exactly the same problem today. I tried booking a flight that had availability on EVA's site, but United could not confirm the segment. I'm trying to get an economy ticket, and on the old system it was booking code I. Perhaps it has changed to X to align with all other Star carriers? I'm really not sure, but am quite frustrated since I can't get any other availability out of TPE since United pulled NRT-TPE.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TakeTheATrain
Had exactly the same problem today. I tried booking a flight that had availability on EVA's site, but United could not confirm the segment. I'm trying to get an economy ticket, and on the old system it was booking code I. Perhaps it has changed to X to align with all other Star carriers? I'm really not sure, but am quite frustrated since I can't get any other availability out of TPE since United pulled NRT-TPE.
Yes, they re-aligned the booking classes so I is business award and X is economy award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.