Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Certs Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Exclamation Travel Certs Not Working?

Anyone having problems getting travel certs to work? I've tried both a UA and a CO travel cert. Both are popping errors. I'm on hold with reservations, but it's been 45 minutes thus far with no end in sight...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Izz24703
Anyone having problems getting travel certs to work? I've tried both a UA and a CO travel cert. Both are popping errors. I'm on hold with reservations, but it's been 45 minutes thus far with no end in sight...
Just ticketed 2 over the weekend and looked up another reservation yesterday using an ecert and all worked out fine. All UA certs BTW.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by buaya00
Just ticketed 2 over the weekend and looked up another reservation yesterday using an ecert and all worked out fine. All UA certs BTW.
Strange. Didn't work for me, and I have both UA and CO certs. The best part? When I finally got someone on the line, a CO CSA, she told me that my certs don't begin with 016, and are therefore invalid. Luckily I had a CO cert, which she seemed to understand.

I feel bad for these CSAs, but dear LORD it is frustrating! UA should be ashamed of themselves for not properly training their employees on this new system.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Izz24703
Strange. Didn't work for me, and I have both UA and CO certs. The best part? When I finally got someone on the line, a CO CSA, she told me that my certs don't begin with 016, and are therefore invalid. Luckily I had a CO cert, which she seemed to understand.

I feel bad for these CSAs, but dear LORD it is frustrating! UA should be ashamed of themselves for not properly training their employees on this new system.
I'm glad you are like me as I'm giving them a break with everything going on right now. The CSAs I have spoken to have all been very helpful even though UA put many in a position of not being fully trained and having them deployed. Come 1 or 2 months down the road I don't know if I will be able to handle these issue with the same level of patience I have right now. Hopefully you were successful in using the certs since you said you had a former CO agent who seem to understand.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
E-cert not working here either.
Funny thing is, I am also trying to use an ecredit on DL and a no go there too.
If I had AA credits and they didn't work either, I may just have hit the airline trifecta.
Time to buy lottery tickets.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fedup flyer
E-cert not working here either. ...
have you included the 1016 header?

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi dmodemd, electronic certificates that were issued by United prior to March 3rd will be able to be used on united.com. You’ll be able to redeem these by entering your 18-digit certificate number (beginning with 1016) in the “Offer Code” box on the home page.

Shannon
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:55 pm

I have been unable to get my OnePass Plus Travel Discount Certificates to work over the past few days. I have been told by one rep to call another rep, and in total have been on hold for over 2 hours, called 3 different numbers, and no one knows how to get them to work. I am out of patience. It doesn't help any that all the reps that I have spoken to are in India, and with every question I ask they have to put me on hold for 15 minutes to get a response. Plus I can pull up fares for the same exact flights on Expedia for $670, but on ual.com they are priced at $842.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
have you included the 1016 header?
Yup, esp since 1016 are the first 4 numbers of the e-cert.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:17 am

Tried again this morning and now it works.
I am still unable to apply a CR-1 to the reservation though.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm attempting to use a $250 UA ecert on a $550 itinerary. It's dropping the price $20. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm attempting to use a $250 UA ecert on a $550 itinerary. It's dropping the price $20. Any suggestions?
Is this an international flight? IIRC, the dollars off is off the base fare. So if you are on an international fare with a low fare and high YQ, you will only get the discount on the actual airfare, not the YQ.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's a domestic itinerary.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's a domestic itinerary.
I was told yesterday that the system is buggy and to try again in 30 days.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:37 pm
Suspended

gotta get used to seeing the full price and only the reduced price after clicking all the way thru.I liked the old UAs way of showing exactly what each flight would cost after the reduction but before the taxes

the key now is looking for the Blue Star that indicates it can be applied to that flight/s
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
How far do U have to go to get price

Originally Posted by craz
gotta get used to seeing the full price and only the reduced price after clicking all the way thru.I liked the old UAs way of showing exactly what each flight would cost after the reduction but before the taxes

the key now is looking for the Blue Star that indicates it can be applied to that flight/s
WHEN U say all the way thru to U have to click thru to agree purchase to see price? I put code in and see that flights qualify but stop after inputting info at agree purchse button

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.