Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

missed sectors due to merger, now told by UA to pay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ*G

Hi all,

I booked a series of UA flights on continental.com on Feb 26. Here are the details.

3/16 ORD-LGA
3/19 EWR-PDX
3/23 PDX-DEN-ORD

I received a note to call after Mar 3 to have my ticket reissued. I noticed that PDX-DEN-ORD was gone from my itinerary. This morning, I finally could get a hold of UA. I spoke to the first agent and explained my situation of missing flights and he agreed to fix it for me. He put me on hold for a new minutes and then told me that he's successfully done so, and then emailed me.

However, when I checked the email, I just noticed that PDX-DEN-ORD didn't come back. It's just that the ticket number was changed from 005- to 016-, so I callled UA again. The second agent I spoke to said that the change made earlier was voluntary and in order to add PDX-DEN-ORD I would have to pay $150 for change plus the fee difference. I don't think any reasonable human being would voluntarily agree to allow that kind of change.

Please let me know what I should do. The second agent also insisted that she had spoken to her manager and her manager also emphasized that the change was voluntarily made by my request.

Thank you very much.

Tisorn
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Keep calling and holding and/or PM UA Insider.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
do you have any status with UA? it might help...
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:16 pm

Wow, sorry to hear about this problem and the poor way they are handling it. I echo what mduell is saying...try someone else on the phone or e mail UAInsider, either should get it handled really fast.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:14 pm

As screwed up as they've been for over a week, quoting change fees is beyond believable!

All 13 of my itineraries needed reissuing on 3/3/2012, and if they somehow didn't do any of them correctly, and hassled me about, it I'd be demanding to talk to the manager/supervisor that agreed with this res agent!

Call back, and good luck!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If they give you grief about fixing this without charging more, a complaint to DOT would be in order.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
You may want to ask them to look up the original eReceipt
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ*G
Dear all,

Thank you very much. After 3 hours on the line in total today, it's now all resolved. Unfortunately, this is really really unnecessary. Too bad, UA.

Tisorn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.