Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New update by UA on 3/10 for system conversion progress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum

Of course, FTers who have been reading threads recently in this forum are aware of many of the problems still going on with system conversion.

Today March 10 at 8am, United posted an update for all of the public to see in regards to its system conversion on the hub website hub.united.com

Here is the announcement:
"Update on our passenger service system conversion - March 10, 2012
Posted Mar 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM

United and Continental recently migrated to a single passenger service system. This was the single largest technology conversion in aviation history, and the vast majority of our systems are functioning as planned. After the conversion, we have had dependable airline operations and good on-time performance. However, we have had some technical issues that have affected our customers, as would be expected with a very complex systems change. We have already solved many of them and are working to rapidly solve the remaining issues.

You may have a longer wait time to reach our phone-contact centers and we are working to reduce the time it takes for you to reach us. We have increased staff at our contact centers to serve you better. We apologize if you have had difficulty with your travel planning, and we are grateful for your patience.

We have been rapidly identifying technical issues and improving the performance and functionality of our systems. We will be making even more progress in the days ahead.

Below are some examples of issues we have recently addressed:

•Combined MileagePlus and OnePass mileage balances
•Improved availability of flight options
•Assigned seats in cases where seat assignments were not transferred in the system conversion
•Restored our eTicket receipt issuance process
•Resolved on-line payment failure issues
•Eliminated error messages stating that a reservation needs to be reissued
Below are some additional issues that you may encounter. We currently have work in progress to resolve these soon:

•Boarding passes occasionally reflect incorrect boarding groups for Premier members
•Delays in crediting flown mileage to MileagePlus accounts
•Isolated cases of lower Premier Qualification balances, that can result temporarily in an incorrect Premier level reflected
•Intermittent delays with Complimentary Premier Upgrades
•Difficulties redeeming electronic and paper certificates online
•Difficulties redeeming upgrades online
•Flights displaying out of order when viewing itinerary online

We’re making a special effort to ensure we offer all the tools that let our Premier members take advantage of their status and benefits.

These lists are not all-inclusive but are representative of the work we are doing. Our technology and customer service teams are working hard to finish the system updates that will help us deliver the service and information you expect. Thank you for your business, your patience and your understanding. We will keep you posted as we continue to make progress."

Here is the link to take you directly to the announcement:

http://hub.united.com/en-us/News/Com...em-update.aspx
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Thanks for posting. I think we all appreciate the status updates we are getting from UA. This is a complex system and being informed helps when there are issues - as one can be expected.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, UA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I don't like the update that dropped me from 1K down to Silver. I was really hoping to get some sort of soft landing and change in status to at least Gold. Hopefully they will get to my snail mail request for at least a little higher of a level. I was hoping that they were extending my 1K status, but i was wrong.

I should have figured it would happen eventually.

-Kevin
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevin80
I don't like the update that dropped me from 1K down to Silver. I was really hoping to get some sort of soft landing and change in status to at least Gold. Hopefully they will get to my snail mail request for at least a little higher of a level. I was hoping that they were extending my 1K status, but i was wrong.

I should have figured it would happen eventually.

-Kevin
UA does not and did not do soft landings. There used to be a Premier Emeritus type soft landing years ago but now if you don't fly you don't get status. I went from 1K for 10 years to General member. Splat. But back up to Gold due to MM the next year.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No "update" to my mileage balance. 3/5 flight confirmed in ONby mistake instead of R not posted despite app showing 3/5 as last flight date. Its been 5 days... I am not goig through this every time I fly. 1K MP center wasnt much help
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K lifetime
Originally Posted by VMUAMP
Today March 10 at 8am, United posted an update for all of the public to see in regards to its system conversion on the hub website hub.united.com

Here is the announcement:
"Update on our passenger service system conversion - ....................
We have been rapidly identifying technical issues and improving the performance and functionality of our systems. We will be making even more progress in the days ahead.

Below are some examples of issues we have recently addressed:

•Combined MileagePlus and OnePass mileage balances
•Improved availability of flight options
•Assigned seats in cases where seat assignments were not transferred in the system conversion
•Restored our eTicket receipt issuance process
•Resolved on-line payment failure issues
•Eliminated error messages stating that a reservation needs to be reissued
Below are some additional issues that you may encounter. We currently have work in progress to resolve these soon:

•Boarding passes occasionally reflect incorrect boarding groups for Premier members
•Delays in crediting flown mileage to MileagePlus accounts
•Isolated cases of lower Premier Qualification balances, that can result temporarily in an incorrect Premier level reflected
•Intermittent delays with Complimentary Premier Upgrades
•Difficulties redeeming electronic and paper certificates online
•Difficulties redeeming upgrades online
•Flights displaying out of order when viewing itinerary online

We’re making a special effort to ensure we offer all the tools that let our Premier members take advantage of their status and benefits...............B]"[/B]
[/url]
One will notice that UA in its public announcement states issues it has "recently addressed"....but it does not state that issues are solved.

FTers...keep sending issues to UA Insider so we can keep involved in this process!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.