Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

new UA website doesn't credit flight miles and return uncleared upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond

It has been over a week and my regional upgrade for 3/1 and later flights are still not returned to my account after it is not cleared. I also didn't get mileage credit 2 days after flight which never happens with UA flight before the integration. Is this problem cross the board for everyone?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I haven't received credit for 3/5 either. Going on 4 days. What a downgrade
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
My 3/5 flight credits showed up today.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well then something must definitely be wrong with mine because it says I already received credit when I didnt
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I got my 4 March flights credited almost instantly, but flights for 6 and 7 March have not shown up yet.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
How about upgrade, anyone got uncleared CR1 and SWU returned to his/her account since early March?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yang1980
How about upgrade, anyone got uncleared CR1 and SWU returned to his/her account since early March?
Nope - 72 hours for my MIL. Based on my PMCO experiences, more often than not you have to call in to the OPSC to get the UGs returned. Have no idea why it's so difficult.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:05 am

And then its funny to get those standard CO "Oh thats automatic! Just wait another 2 weeks!" response. Is anyone else missing 3/5 miles? Ugh
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:20 am

My SFO to NRT flight has not posted yet, but that was on ANA, so was expecting it to take a little longer.... I had never flown them before and not too sure what a "normal" time for the miles to post.. I know my LH flight always posted within a day or two...
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im still waiting on flights from 3/4. Also waiting on partner airline flights from January where I mailed in boarding passes/receipts twice. Now, Im dealing with partner airlines like Qatar Airways, which is not recognizing the new UA FF numbers (it only takes the old longer digits). Looks like that's going to be another fight trying to get MileagePlus to credit them.

UA is really stringing us along on this and doing little to make our lives easy. We end up having to work hard to make sure they are doing the things they claim are being made better by the merger!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:32 am

Was your 3/4 a UA flight? Same here for 3/5 UA flight. I am concerned because others have reported that they received their credit for these days.. But I have not
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat
One of my 3/5 UA flights posted today. Still waiting for the second to post.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
I'm waiting on the following:
  • Miles from flights flown on 3/5 (including 150% PQMs due to cancellation and Y fare)
  • CR1 from cancelled flight (ended up sitting in a middle exit row seat on a flight 7 hours later)
  • Miles from reward trip cancelled with CO on 2/26.

I'm a patient guy, but this is ridiculous. I also don't like that I have to call EVERY single time my CR1 or SWU gets denied. It's almost fraudulent.. I rarely see them posted back unless I do something about it.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Exclamation this has been going on with CO for years

Originally Posted by Brogan_
I'm waiting on the following:
  • Miles from flights flown on 3/5 (including 150% PQMs due to cancellation and Y fare)
  • CR1 from cancelled flight (ended up sitting in a middle exit row seat on a flight 7 hours later)
  • Miles from reward trip cancelled with CO on 2/26.

I'm a patient guy, but this is ridiculous. I also don't like that I have to call EVERY single time my CR1 or SWU gets denied. It's almost fraudulent.. I rarely see them posted back unless I do something about it.
This looks like CO standard procedure:

Miles were not refunded after mileage ticket canceled;

Upgrade instruments didn't return after upgrade failed;

Partner miles didn't post, etc.

You have to monitor and babysit everything. By the way, it's a pain to call One Pass Service Center which is NOT open 24 hours a day.

In particular, there is no documentation which CR1/SWU was applied to which passenger's PNR, on what date, for which flight.

CO just prefers to keep us in the dark.

Now CO system becomes UA system.

Many PMCO fliers knew this. Just check PMCO board. But they didn't complain loudly.

How did they put up with this kind of nonsense for years is beyond me.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

My husband has one of two flights from March 4 that hasn't posted from March 4. The other posted 2 or 3 days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.