Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA's conversion messes up my reservation and I could be stranded.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA's conversion messes up my reservation and I could be stranded.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, VX Elevate
Thumbs down UA's conversion messes up my reservation and I could be stranded.

Just wasted 4 hours 11 minutes on hold to be answered by a incredibly .....y International Premier Reservations agent, who I was incredibly nice to and started the conversation off with "I know you guys must be going thru hell today, and I'm so sorry to bother you about this" to be told that United has LOST half of my PNR and that they don't know if they can get it back before I have to fly. I have no seat assignments and no confirmed upgrade on the piece of the PNR that is still there, and the other half of my itinerary is missing so I'm going to end up stranded in a foreign country with no way of getting home.... His answer was "I can't answer that question sir, you are just going to have to show up at the airport and make them deal with it!" Smooth move United... Smooth move...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Call back. The dust is mostly settled from the conversion.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:36 pm

Are you getting stranded somewhere nice at least?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
So at this time, you don't really know if you are going to be stranded or not yet? It's totally possible you will show up at the airport and all will be fine.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert
Are you getting stranded somewhere nice at least?
Based on another thread, he potentially stranded but not yet stranded in Provence. Though, in that thread he noted only the MUC to ORD piece was missing, so, I suppose he would be theoretically stranded in MUC instead. Worse places on earth I figure.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:42 pm

Is your itinerary split among several airlines? Is only the United portion showing up now? If so, my guess is that the link between the records of UA and the other airline was broken during the transition. This should be easy enough to fix if the representatives of the two airlines speak together.

This once happened to me in the HYD airport. When I went to check in for my Emirates flight, the agent said that he could not find any record of my onward UA flight from DXB. I then called the UA 1-800 number (very expensive international call) and then handed over my cell phone to the Emirates agent in the airport. The issue was fixed in less than a minute.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, VX Elevate
No.. the pieces that are missing are UA flights... the entire 8 leg itinerary is UA/LH mix... and only the UA pieces are botched.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
not to be rude but just suck it up and go to the airport with all of your paperwork and they will sort it out....yours seems to be the exception and not the rule. If you're stranded, they have to compensate and house you until you can get home...but i bet the airport will figure it out
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation conversion issue??

Originally Posted by UnitedF1RST
Call back. The dust is mostly settled from the conversion.
I doubt this is a conversion issue. I had the same problem a few weeks ago in CPH, and the SAS agent advised that all all US files (Continental, UAL, etc) don't mesh with European res files. As others have indicated, my flight was still there.......it just didn't show up @ check in and required a manual intervention.

You did not provide any details, or even if you are in fact stranded, so I take it this is just another rant against UA!!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
read this thread,
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...read-only.html
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Do you not have a copy of your itinerary with its associated ticket number?

When traveling abroad, especially on multiple carriers (or worse, on integration day), do not leave home without your ticket number.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK

When traveling abroad, especially on multiple carriers (or worse, on integration day), do not leave home without your ticket number.
Absolutely, and especially on day 1 of major database restructuring.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK

This is a solid advice. Even if the segments get "lost" in the itinerary, the original routing can be traced using the ticket number.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by boss315
not to be rude but just suck it up and go to the airport with all of your paperwork and they will sort it out....yours seems to be the exception and not the rule. If you're stranded, they have to compensate and house you until you can get home...but i bet the airport will figure it out
This has happened before to me (botched reservation, missing flights) and the "airport" does not figure it out. He absolutely must get it sorted it out by the ticket issuer, which would be UA in this case, and if he's in a foreign country it's unlikely there will be a UA ticket office in that airport.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I had an issue like this last Mnday while traveling in Central America with some other FTers. Having our ticket numbers was essential in getting thing straightened out, and even with them it took a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.