Greasemonkey update?

Old Mar 3, 12, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
Greasemonkey update?

Anyone know if/when that great little Greasemonkey script will be updated to work on the new UA site? The current vers doesn't seem to work. Thx!
Old Mar 3, 12, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO_FT View Post
Anyone know if/when that great little Greasemonkey script will be updated to work on the new UA site? The current vers doesn't seem to work. Thx!
it worked for me. i see the smiling monkey in the corner.
(firefox)
Old Mar 3, 12, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

My monkey's smiling too, but when I do a flight search, I don't see any inventory buckets.
Old Mar 3, 12, 1:55 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Tweak is the word

In Firefox click the cute little monkey face icon in the upper right, then Manage User Scripts. Opens Add-ons Manager,where you click Options then on the User Settings tab in the upper pane add www.united.com/* and you should be good to go.
Old Mar 3, 12, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by SeamusSA View Post
In Firefox click the cute little monkey face icon in the upper right, then Manage User Scripts. Opens Add-ons Manager,where you click Options then on the User Settings tab in the upper pane add www.united.com/* and you should be good to go.
I had to add http://pss.united.com/* for it to work.
Old Mar 3, 12, 3:13 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Where *is* the script?

OK, I may be dense, but it seems that this thread contains info on how to modify the script. Is there source code somewhere or am I confusing this with an analogy to, say, an Excel add-in?
Old Mar 3, 12, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Added both to script. Monkey happy. Thanks y'all.
Old Mar 3, 12, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just updated the source file on the server to include the new domain names, too. I think that GreaseMonkey will try to update to the new version but I'm not positive.

For folks who don't yet have the script but want it, go here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...w-on-steroids/.

Originally Posted by SeamusSA View Post
If you're going to edit it manually you should change the script settings (tab on the right), not the user setting.
Old Mar 24, 12, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
For folks who don't yet have the script but want it, go here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...w-on-steroids/.
I would like to encourage you to update the BoardingArea web page to make it clear that script works with "new" United.com (e.g., downplay or remove the word "Continental"). Thanks.

P.S. What a GREAT functionality!!! Thanks so much for developing it and making it available.
Old Jan 23, 13, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 2MM, B6 Mosaic
This wonderful and absolutely vital script does not appear to be working today. Anyone else that uses this notice any problems? Script is enabled, latest Firefox, using script version 6.1.

EDIT: [Gilda] Nevermind [/Gilda]. A reboot appears to have solved it.

Last edited by blueman2; Jan 23, 13 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 23, 13, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by blueman2 View Post
This wonderful and absolutely vital script does not appear to be working today. Anyone else that uses this notice any problems? Script is enabled, latest Firefox, using script version 6.1.

EDIT: [Gilda] Nevermind [/Gilda]. A reboot appears to have solved it.
Because this thread got bumped, I learned about this script and installed it for the first time. Wow! Great stuff.

It does appear, however, that one needs to be logged in to the United site for the script to work. Perhaps that was the issue that blueman2 was facing above?
Old Jan 23, 13, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by jpezaris View Post
Because this thread got bumped, I learned about this script and installed it for the first time. Wow! Great stuff.

It does appear, however, that one needs to be logged in to the United site for the script to work. Perhaps that was the issue that blueman2 was facing above?
I did make sure I was logged in, but you are correct in that this will cause the script not to work. Glad you found this. IMHO, this is a must have for anyone traveling UA a lot and doing their own reservations.