Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New 757 Configuration (seatmap shows exit rows as 16 & 17)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.

Last night I was flying ORD-SFO on UA 153. The upgrades didn't clear and so I had already selected 16B (it was economy plus and exit row middle seat) But, this was a far different aircraft--first they had free wi-fi on the plane and new and different seats on the back. Oh, it was UA metal, just a very different plane. The bad part for me was that 16B was NOT in economy plus, it had an empty space next to the window and worst of all, the seat did not recline. Yikes.

Had I know I would have taken a seat farther up. Thanks to wi-fi I checked the UA seating chart while on the flight and this aircraft different form what they show on the seat map.

Just a warning to folks that this air craft is out there and to be careful...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please see the existing threads on this aircraft:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...que-seats.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...p-s-757-a.html
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold

Checked in for flight today and seatmap shows exit rows as 16 & 17 versus the usual 20 & 21. I checked all UA and CO aircraft and did not see any with exit row at 16 & 17. Is this a new 757 configuration or computer glitch?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by res1968
Checked in for flight today and seatmap shows exit rows as 16 & 17 versus the usual 20 & 21. I checked all UA and CO aircraft and did not see any with exit row at 16 & 17. Is this a new 757 configuration or computer glitch?
A hiccup from the past. I wouldn't choose one of those seats though...you're asking for trouble tomorrow. Pick a seat that exists no matter what.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
If it's a legacy United flight, it might be:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...que-seats.html
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
A hiccup from the past. I wouldn't choose one of those seats though...you're asking for trouble tomorrow. Pick a seat that exists no matter what.
Currently in row 21 which I selected when purchased because it was the exit row. Ticket agent at ORD said it was a new configuration, but rows 16 & 17 do not even exist on the 757 according to the website. Sounds like I should stick with my current seat which will likely be the exit row.

Thanks for the information.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:50 pm

FlyinHawaiian was correct. Seatmap was right and exit rows are 16 & 17. Configuration does not even exist on the website or Seatguru. Now I am stuck in middle seat in regular economy on cross country flight. New to United and am so far not impressed. How can you have an aircraft with no seatmap anywhere to be found?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I got bumped from row 2 on a 757 later this week I suppose cause it's labeled as an "exit" row...trying to get seats back (next to my wife) doesn't work, nothing sticks...weird.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: UA GS
Bizarre 757-200 seatmap

I have a flight ORD-DCA on Friday on a 757-200. I noticed our seats had changed from seats 21A&B to seats 17A&B. This was strange enough as to my recollection there is no row 17 on the 752. But then I pulled up the actual map:

For reference, here is the more common seatmap, from a flight I have in a couple weeks:

So here are some differences I see:

- The rows are numbered sequentially
- There are extra seats in row 7
- There are gaps in front of row 15 and 21
- There appear to be 10(!!) exit rows in economy (hovering over any of them indicates limited recline, and trying to select them brings up the exit row criteria)

Here's a direct link to the seatmap on the mobile site

The mobile map doesn't even match the web one because the mobile site shows seats 8ABC&F, and 16A&F missing.

I've searched these boards and seatguru and can find no plane coming close to this configuration. I also tracked this plane (#5093) backwards using Where is this aircraft coming from? and the seatmap matches as far back as it will go.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Bizarre 757-200 seatmap

It looks like E+ to me.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
This. Only one in the fleet where the seat map was not reconfigured.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by wxguy
This. Only one in the fleet where the seat map was not reconfigured.
Well, that explains why the rows are renumbered and there are extra seats. It does not explain or indicate which ones are the actual exit rows.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
UA 509 12/26 - what 757 is this?

This screwy seat-map is likely the cause of my relatives having their seats scrambled...some things that make this bird "unique" apparently:

- F right side is C-D (PMUA style), vs. the aligned-to E-F
- There's a full row 7, and a 2 seat row 8
- There's a 4 seat row 16 (a la the A319)
- Plane ends at row 35

Any idea what's going on here? UA Cargo says it's a B757, just like all the other flights w/o the seat map issues.

Oh wait...this is that screwy 757 I remember reading about...what makes this special again?

EDIT - row 44

Last edited by UA-NYC; Dec 24, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
It's this aircraft: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...p-s-757-a.html

(edit: just saw your comment!)
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yup - have requested this to be closed. Not really sure why they don't re-number this thing, esp. in F where it's easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.