Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MP Visa/award hotel question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:08 am
Original Poster

MP Visa/award hotel question

I just booked a hotel with miles+money. I know that's not the best way to use the miles, but it wasn't bad for me. New Orleans Marriott on St. Patrick's day weekend. Woulda been $779.66, instead was 13.5k miles+$366.75. It wasn't worth anywhere near 54k miles to get it completely free.

Anyway, I booked through united.com but the hotel rewards booking takes you to another website and the charge shows up on my card as "ALG*TRIP CHARGES" in my pending transactions. I'm wondering if I'll get 3 miles/dollar and possibly 366 EQM because I booked through united.com, but I'm guessing since it directed me somewhere else and the charge doesn't say United, I won't.

Anyone have any experience with this? I guess I can just wait a few months and find out.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:46 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by penner42
....Woulda been $779.66, instead was 13.5k miles+$366.75. It wasn't worth anywhere near 54k miles to get it completely free. ...
you got over 3 cpm --seems a pretty good deal.

Originally Posted by penner42
.... I'm guessing since it directed me somewhere else and the charge doesn't say United, I won't.
Anyone have any experience with this? ....
no experience but your guess is probably right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.