Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free at last!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Free at last!

Noticed a number of changes recently that I really don’t like. However, the combined effect of all of these changes has really been great: free at last! Thanks UA!!

New 1/2/3/4 MM “rewards” No longer feel the need chase these targets with their diluted and in part discriminatory (spousal / significant other) benefits. No longer feel the need to exclusively fly UA as the 1MM etc milestones etc. are no longer worth achieving anymore. Can now actually fly other (Star-alliance) airlines to destinations in the USA and especially Canada and Mexico! Significant reduction of connections at IAD and ORD!! Got reacquainted with (amongst others) SAS, Lufthansa, Iberia, Air France/KLM recently!

Not being able to use SWUs on S, K, L T, etc. fares. Can actually go for low fare options on about 50% of my trips. Got some great deals on SAS, Lufthansa, Iberia, Air France/KLM recently!

Single-aisle transatlantic fligts. Why fly one of these if you can fly a “real” plane? Had some good flights on SAS, Lufthansa, Iberia, Air France/KLM recently.

UA-business class. Why fly 7 (!) across on a 777 if far more comfortable options (seat width, storage) are available? Had some great flights on SAS, Lufthansa, Iberia, Air France/KLM recently!

SWUs will post as soon as you hit the 1K mark. Looking forward to having some great flights on, Iberia, Air France/KLM, etc. to make sure that I don’t hit the 1K mark until December.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: VAG
Cool story, bro!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Good for you!

My mileage/United addition is currently bering cured by Dr. Smisek as well. I don't know how many steps there are in the process but I'm on my way and I'm starting to feel better now and this 1K card is hopefully my last.

I'm suggesting less travel and more remote work to my clients now, and they seem to be okay with it. I'll book my annual TPAC flights with miles and that should do it!

If you see me on back to back SIN MRs in December then you will know that I failed
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Why do we need another thread like this?
These issues have been hashed and re-hashed ... and re-rehashed ...
+1

theres a very simple answer, if a person puts their post in an existing thread they wont be as noticed and no 15 mins of fame

whats funny is all these people who really think that UA or AA or US really could care if they stay or leave, no different then the Hotel programs

I really feel bad for anyone that bought the Spin all these years and Never was Loyal to #1 during that time, Themselves
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:50 pm

To summarize: The brick didn't love you back. Am I right?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by brendog
To summarize: The brick didn't love you back. Am I right?
More like the aluminum can. 747s always show me love.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by UAL4life
More like the aluminum can.
Or soon the plastic tube.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
Let 'em rant. It's cathartic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.