Wiki Posts
Search

Better beer on the new UA/CO?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Silver
Better beer on the new UA/CO?

I have never flown CO, so please tell me they are bringing over some better beer choices...if I'm not mistaken the current choices are Miller Lite, Heineken (and I'm not sure it's on the menu but sometimes they hand me Beck's instead with no explanation), and maybe something else that I don't like. Heineken is okay, but it sure would be nice to have one different beer - maybe it could be rotated based on destination like wines.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by HSmartt
I have never flown CO, so please tell me they are bringing over some better beer choices...if I'm not mistaken the current choices are Miller Lite, Heineken (and I'm not sure it's on the menu but sometimes they hand me Beck's instead with no explanation), and maybe something else that I don't like. Heineken is okay, but it sure would be nice to have one different beer - maybe it could be rotated based on destination like wines.
They used to carry Sam Adams, but this was discontinued a few years ago
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:13 am
Original Poster

That is too bad - I like Sam Adams!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
I've seen them serve Corona before (out of cans) and I think Budweiser.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
You'll get a kick out of this

RIP Sam Adams =(
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Ambassador, Avis Last, CLEAR, Global Entry
Last CO flight I was on (IAH-RSW) they said they are no longer carrying Corona. So it was Heineken or Bud Light.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: VAG
This is the thing I don't get: if you're going to be selling beer for seven bucks a can, then that's basically all profit, so it makes sense to provide as wide a selection as possible so that more people feel motivated to buy. Of course loading ten different beers on each plane is probably impractical, but four would be reasonable: two beers for the blue collar salt of the Earth types and two beers for the white collar beer snob types.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, Marriott Titanium & LT Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Big Sky Brewing Company in Montana has great selection of canned beers. (IPA, Pale, Brown etc.) A couple of these would be perfect on UA flights.

http://www.bigskybrew.com/Our_Beers
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:18 am

Sometimes if you pick up a domestic leg of frame that has just come in from overseas, you may be the beneficiary of better beer that was catered at the foreign station.

For instance, UAL stocks Victoria Bitter on the 744s between US and SYD. Not that VB could really be considered better than Lite, Bud, or Heinie; it's quite rank but at least you feel like you on your way to Oz.

If I am not mistaken, Becks is catered on US - Germany - US flights.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:00 am
Original Poster

I LOVE that brewery! Moose drool is excellent...
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, Marriott Titanium & LT Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HSmartt
I LOVE that brewery! Moose drool is excellent...
The Scape Goat Pale Ale is pretty good too. The canned version tastes great!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by B787938
Sometimes if you pick up a domestic leg of frame that has just come in from overseas, you may be the beneficiary of better beer that was catered at the foreign station.

For instance, UAL stocks Victoria Bitter on the 744s between US and SYD. Not that VB could really be considered better than Lite, Bud, or Heinie; it's quite rank but at least you feel like you on your way to Oz.

If I am not mistaken, Becks is catered on US - Germany - US flights.
Does US have to pay import customs on leftover spirits?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:20 pm

As a Clevelander, I personally would love to see Great Lakes beer as an option. Doubt any airline would ever choose a microbrew due to difficulty with distribution, but I would happy pay a premium for the good stuff! And getting Great Lakes beer onto UA flights shouldn't be that difficult as long as CLE keeps its hub status
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
UA had Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat as a domestic beer selection for a time a couple of years ago. I know wheat beers aren't to everyone's taste (although I like them), but at least it was something different.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Originally Posted by trainman74
UA had Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat as a domestic beer selection for a time a couple of years ago. I know wheat beers aren't to everyone's taste (although I like them), but at least it was something different.
I took two sips of that beer, and told the FA to take it away. Very glad they brought back the Heinekens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.