Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Images of the 2012 MileagePlus Membership Cards are now Online!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:33 am
Used to be MJ-bos
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st

Images are up on the pss site... I kind of like it... I wish 1K were black, but overall looks sharp.

Above the 1K designation, mine shows MM status.

What I **DON'T LIKE** is that the old 1K phone number is gone - it's now the CO Plat Elite number. Ugh. 1st world problem, I know, but the 1K line # is burned into my finger's muscle memory - even on my iPhone, I can dial it faster than finding the contact or even asking Siri to do it!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 8, 2012 at 7:37 am Reason: vague thread title
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MJ-bos
Images are up on the pss site... I kind of like it... I wish 1K were black, but overall looks sharp.

What I **DON'T LIKE** is that the old 1K phone number is gone - it's now the CO Plat Elite number. Ugh. 1st world problem, I know, but the 1K line # is burned into my finger's muscle memory - even on my iPhone, I can dial it faster than finding the contact or even asking Siri to do it!
The GS cards are black. And look much better than the 1K card IMHO.

Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
maybe its just my BBerry, but the 1K card looks like a cheap white and grey piece of S. That can't possibly be right, can it?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Would someone kindly post a few images for those of us without preview site access?

Edit: found it! Sorry
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:07 am
Used to be MJ-bos
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st
Oh man... GS cards are definitely sharp. I was never a fan of the baby-poop brown of the current 1K cards, but the white is going to get messy very quickly (remember the old RCC cards that were white - I think 2003 or 2004?). Anyone have 1P and 2P images to share yet??

OTOH, I really do like the vertical nature of the Club card.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Sorry, not seeing it at all when I log into the preview site.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:07 am

I can't get into the preview site
Can anyone post a premier gold card?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by izzik
Same here. Where did you find the image?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by todorovic
Originally Posted by izzik
Same here. Where did you find the image?
Go to the my account page and under the Status Tracker, select Print Duplicate MileagePlus Card.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: MileagePlus: 1k 2012; Continental Platinum 2010-11
Originally Posted by MJ-bos

It looks ok, not great...on another point I don't understand why all the Continenal bashing...there's a reason why United was failing as an airline and Continental was doing well, much better customer service and other perks...if anything this merger with United has mad Continental a worse airline (getting rid of inflight meals etc...)

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 8, 2012 at 6:23 pm
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:16 am

The GS one is sharp. Not sure how I feel about white for 1K. I am curious what colors the other levels are.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by Narendra
It looks ok, not great...on another point I don't understand why all the Continenal bashing...there's a reason why United was failing as an airline and Continental was doing well, much better customer service and other perks...if anything this merger with United has mad Continental a worse airline (getting rid of inflight meals etc...)
I am tempted to answer but this is not the place. Please look up many threads here on FT where both sides list their opinions about all things PMUA and PMCO.

Regarding the cards, they look OK. We'll have to wait to see the quality/durability of the plastic to judge how fast they will get dirty/scratched.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
In my world of packaging and design, white generally can look pretty cheap and store brand-ish when executed (save for Apple and a few other natural/organic food brands). IMHO the new "Premier 1K" card is no exception here.

Maybe the real one will have some cool embossing or detailing like the PMUA 1K card with gold "flecks" in the background. I'm not keeping my hopes up though.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: If only all those cards were made from the precious metals and gemstones they claim to be.
The preview site seems to be down. Can someone post an image of the 1K card here?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:08 am

Seriously? UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.