I don't like my OnePass Number

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cordelli
Refuse to use it

That will show them.
I am completely ok with this suggestion. More upgrades for me.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Thanks for the responses, it's been entertaining. I just wanted to pick the first 2 letters so it meant something to me as I am sad to be loosing the MP number I have used since 1984.

Anyway i think i will call just to hear them laugh out loud.

And yes, definitely a first world problem on a Friday morning.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
UA has said that no, new numbers will not be granted on request. (I don't have the link handy, but it's in one of the UA Insider announcement threads on numbers.)

Originally Posted by Pegasus23
I'd pay for a new id. I need a good number of my choice to support my new "United Image".
[Of course 1K's get a discount [s]. GS don't need a number. They are known upon sight!]
UA could monetize this after all... yes, I'd pay a small amount to change my OP #, as it starts with "XR" and is hard to get the phone voice recognition system to pick up properly (usually takes me at least two tries).
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: United 1.9MM
Originally Posted by BearX220
Don't be ridiculous. Unless it has a 666 in it, get on with your day.
Ooooh! I want that one.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: none
Wouldn't that be "FY?"
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:23 pm
xFF

Programs: UA lifetime 1K
There was a time when there were stands in the Pres Clubs containing "join OnePass" brochures with pre-printed numbers on them. One could have browsed the available selection and chosen the best one.

Of course, the odds that someone would be in the PClub and not already have an OP number was low. Come to think of it, I believe it would have been impossible, except as a guest.

Well, I think I should go back to worrying about world starvation, Peak Oil and testicular cancer now.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Does anyone have UA as the first two letters?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by dgdevil
Ooooh! I want that one.
I have that sequence (and more) with my WN account ...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
new "FT" prefix

There's the rumor (false and made up just now, for purposes of this post) that Internet Brands will be working with UA to assign "FT" as the prefix for all members of FlyerTalk.

When you call in, the call center will immediately know the sort of customer waiting for them on the other end of the line...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by reft
There's the rumor (false and made up just now, for purposes of this post) that Internet Brands will be working with UA to assign "FT" as the prefix for all members of FlyerTalk.

When you call in, the call center will immediately know the sort of customer waiting for them on the other end of the line...

excellent. ^
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I *love* my OnePass number - that's the one of Smisek's changes that I do like the most. I haven't used it for years, and yet I remember it and the pin as clearly as when I first got it 24 years ago. By contrast, I've had my MP number for 21 years, and I still haven't managed to memorize it.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
I actually do have a problem

My OP # starts with AC. And when I call CO and the automated system asks for my number it NEVER has heard the AC correctly. It always interprets it as AD. At least with my MP number I can enter it on the phone keypad. With the CO accounts have two letters I don't think you can use the keypad, can you? So they need to improve the voice recognition system I think. Or I need to speak my ACs better. Which isn't likely I guess....
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I like my OnePass number but hate having to get it recognized by the voice system. Usually takes 2+ times to have it recognize me.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
I've liked mine, but because the first two letters made sense to me for the account. "CL" instantly associates the mess of numbers to ContinentaL.

While this reasoning will soon be invalid, I'll still be able to remember it quite easily.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 0P
I actually like the (newly minted, randomly assigned) one I recently got. Enough internal structure that it's much easier to memorize than my MP number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.