Wiki Posts
Search

SWU troubles :(

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTTE, Hertz Platinum
SWU troubles :(

Have been waiting for my SWU to post and they still havent. Need to travel to London this weekend for business and there are seats available but they wont provide an override. Anyone have any success in talking to a manager or something? Really would be awesome to use the SWU. Thanks in advance.

--Shivam
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Parikh1234
Have been waiting for my SWU to post and they still havent. Need to travel to London this weekend for business and there are seats available but they wont provide an override. Anyone have any success in talking to a manager or something? Really would be awesome to use the SWU. Thanks in advance.
--Shivam
If the first agent is not able to do it, hang up and call again. Ask for a supervisor.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
I spoke with the OnePass & Elite Desk yesterday with a similar request. I was told that SWU's are taking about 3 weeks to post, given that I hit 100k at the end of Dec the rep believed that my SWU's should post by end of the week.

In speaking with the Elite desk(who were very helpful), they were able to apply an SWU and book me in BF and then were going to check on Friday for me before finalizing the booking - this way I was at least able to get the seat reserved. If the SWU's don't show by Friday I may end up having to give the seat up, but at least they tried.

Hope this is helpful - Good luck!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thank guys, I will try and call again.

Update: No luck, talked to 4 agents, and they said not possible. I guess I will just squeeze into coach

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 18, 2012 at 2:14 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
I re-qualified the last few days of December for 1k and my SW's were posted in early January. Why such a difference?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:21 pm

Update: No luck, talked to 4 agents, and they said not possible. I guess I will just squeeze into coach
Have you check CC? There are lots of near expiring SWUs available
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

no clue man. I just booked my ticket in the cheapest qualifying fare and keeping my fingers crossed it posts tomorrow or friday AM Come on continental, reward my 10+ years of loyalty to your airline!

Originally Posted by imm2b
Have you check CC? There are lots of near expiring SWUs available
What is CC?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 18, 2012 at 2:14 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
no clue man. I just booked my ticket in the cheapest qualifying fare and keeping my fingers crossed it posts tomorrow or friday AM Come on continental, reward my 10+ years of loyalty to your airline!
PM me your details. I'll try to hook you up.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
I reached 150K on the 28th of December and to the additional SWU and RWU this Saturday.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
What is CC?
Coupon Connection Forum of FlyerTalk.

FWIW, it took almost 4 weeks for my SWUs to post (hit 100k last September with a mixture of CO and UA EQMs).
YMMV
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
am trying to help out op, but it might be tricky. he's flying on CO, my expiring swu is on UA, and the agent said she can't transfer it. (yes, i know she's wrong. i'm on hold.)
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
In my case, as of 12/31/11 I passed 80K EQM on UA with 20K credited to OP. Step one was to make sure the M+ and OP EQM combined properly, which apparently they hadn't. Once that glitch was taken care of, it was another week for the SWUs to hit.

OP, did M+ confirm that you crossed the line for 2012?

In any case, I'm sure you'd make out fine in CC... @:-)
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by karenkay
am trying to help out op, but it might be tricky. he's flying on CO, my expiring swu is on UA, and the agent said she can't transfer it. (yes, i know she's wrong. i'm on hold.)
Doing exactly the same thing, although no problem transferring the expiring SWU.They needed payment of $91.96 for the tax, and that tripped us up for now.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Doing exactly the same thing, although no problem transferring the expiring SWU.They needed payment of $91.96 for the tax, and that tripped us up for now.
wait, what?! CO needs payment for op's upgrade? yeah, that'll trip me up as well

btw, you're a rock :-:
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by karenkay
wait, what?! CO needs payment for op's upgrade? yeah, that'll trip me up as well

btw, you're a rock :-:
I think its related to the London (or UK?) upgrade tax. Didn't think about it as I haven't traveled to the UK in a minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.