Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by ronin
What is unclear is, are elite bonus miles included in the balance? In other words, depending upon the elite level, each flight earns bonus miles. Were those elite flight bonus miles to have been included under the "bonus EQM" definition? Sorry if this has been answered, but I went through multiple threads but did not get it, nor did I get it form reading the UAL releases.
I don't think so -- those bonus miles were RDM, not EQM. You did get bonus EQM for class of service/full-fare economy, and that should add in.

Indeed, I've gotten the elite bonuses for years, so if they counted my bump would have been waayyy over the 150K I did get.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
maybe not

Originally Posted by 1P
My lifetime total has jumped from 1.2 million to 1.45 million. Since I have never had a Continental OP account, this is presumably all down to credit card usage.
Might not be. Credit card spend per se, doesn't count. Hitting annual spending thresholds would, with a UA Platinum Chase Visa, but then again that only gave a 5K annual EQM pop or up to 5K for UAL.com purchases with the card, and then that has only been about the last decade maybe at most. You must have had some DEQM's or premium fares, or partners in that time period to make up 250K EQM's
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:21 am
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
mm milers

Is UA going to send out many new MM cards in Jan.?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by V9
Is UA going to send out many new MM cards in Jan.?
Many IMHO.

Not to rain on the parade, but it would be wise to remember Groucho Marx's words: "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member".
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, *Wood gold
My bump

Went from about 750,000 to 1.1 MM. I guess all those times cramped up in LH paid off! However, when I try to register my spouse for my benefits it says that I am not a MM. Just a computer glitch? Call the 1k desk or am I missing something. My spouse gets Premier for life if I'm a MM...is that correct?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Streetcar
Went from about 750,000 to 1.1 MM. I guess all those times cramped up in LH paid off! However, when I try to register my spouse for my benefits it says that I am not a MM. Just a computer glitch? Call the 1k desk or am I missing something. My spouse gets Premier for life if I'm a MM...is that correct?
Same problem here.

You are incorrect. She gets premier gold for life, and if your status during any year exceeds premier gold, she will have that same status.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mre5765
Same problem here.

You are incorrect. She gets premier gold for life, and if your status during any year exceeds premier gold, she will have that same status.
"All 2012 Million Milers will be able to share their lifetime status annually with a spouse or significant other."

Her lifetime, your lifetime, or, for that matter, the lifetime of this particular program?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Fredd
"All 2012 Million Milers will be able to share their lifetime status annually with a spouse or significant other."

Her lifetime, your lifetime, or, for that matter, the lifetime of this particular program?
When I die, I don't expect my executor to inform UA of that fact. So until the end of life my spouse or the program, which ever comes first.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:27 am

When I die, I don't expect my executor to inform UA of that fact. So until the end of life my spouse or the program, which ever comes first.
Leave instructions for your executor to register your spouse annually if required.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, *Wood gold
Same problem here.

I like being corrected like that! Any reasons as to why I am not able to nominate my spouse yet? I'm assuming I can do it at anytime before she flies. I hope I'm right on that
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like being corrected like that! Any reasons as to why I am not able to nominate my spouse yet? I'm assuming I can do it at anytime before she flies. I hope I'm right on that
The nomination process could start working any time from now until March when the new FF program finally takes effect. Presumably you were a good husband and secured full year 2011 elite status for her during the 2010 elite choice. If so, she will have elite status on the old FF program until the new FF program is in full effect.

I will be trying to nominate my wife every day until it works. Then I will log into her account every day until she shows as a 1k.

Last edited by mre5765; Jan 1, 2012 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Premier Platinum
United Club now for 2MM?

I apologize asking this because I am sure it has been covered elsewhere but my lifetime was just adjusted from 1.8M to 2.255M so do I now get United Club for life as previously mentioned for 2MM benefit under the previews programs?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by adambrau
I went from 1,519,xxx to 1,851,xxx so within the next tier's range in 2012, not sure what you get for 2mm these days but a fun challenge to fly 149k which I think will be no problemo. Game on.
What you will get for 2mm is displayed here and will be generally be less than what you've enjoyed up to to now as a 1mm.

The spouse/significant other has been touted as a "replacement" for the one-time SWUs and annual Regionals, the new 1 MM mileage bonus is reduced from 100% to 50% and will go up to 75% when you hit 2 MM, and new 2 MMers will no longer receive complimentary RCC/United Club membership.

Game on indeed.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UALEOL
I apologize asking this because I am sure it has been covered elsewhere but my lifetime was just adjusted from 1.8M to 2.255M so do I now get United Club for life as previously mentioned for 2MM benefit under the previews programs?
Not unless you write to Foland and ask. I would say that at 1.8mm you will have a tough argument, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Originally Posted by ACVBear
Even after the jump my lifetime is fairly pitiful.

Went from almost 200k to 400,000.

Wooo!

(expected when most of your flights are between ACV, SFO and LAX haha)
Fwiw, 400k was the turning point for me when I started to believe I would make 1mm. The key is obviously to be a 1k each year.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Premier Platinum
Not unless you write to Foland and ask. I would say that at 1.8mm you will have a tough argument, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Thanks. Good idea. It was actually around 1.9M. Anyone know of how I can find out what my lifetime was before the recalculation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.