Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAD rebranding starts today (10 November 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Silver

Looks like the IAD rebranding has started. Could see several new signs covered up by the old tulip at the checkin counters. Gate areas still look mostly unfinished, but I imagine they'll be done by the weekend if not tomorrow night.
Sorry no pictures; I was in a hurry and my mobile boarding pass was giving me fits so I didn't want to mess with the phone while I had it working (arg).

Wish they would get on with LAX already. It looks the most tired & sad of all the hubs. Some of the tulips lost their red and/or blue a long time ago...
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
When I visited IAD in July, they had already added the new signage, but it was still covered by the tulip signs...
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
My wife is flying out on Sunday and I fly out of IAD next Tuesday. I'll post pics.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Ah, another rebranding for the temporary terminal.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
If it is anything like ORD, you have my sympathy. The blue and white plastic seems K-Mart cheap, and looks to be the product of a high school drama department set builder rather than a world airline. The old colors of United at least added a bit of class to things.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
I have 2 issues with the rebranding. Will there be a designated 1K line? And red carpets are easier to see and thus find the correct line, both at check in and in the terminal. Most of the carpets in airports are bluish or gray, so the blue ones are hard to see.

And given the general Continentalization of UA, and the loss of multiple 1K perks, I do feel like my old friend has died.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:25 am

The moderators remind you to stay directly on topic and not dredge up old "issues" for sake of arguing or trolling.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EP, UA MM
Originally Posted by PVDProf
Ah, another rebranding for the temporary terminal.
New carpet is going in also. It does make a big difference.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
How about the concourse C/D rats? Perhaps they could be spray painted -- they're much less professional than the roaches near the PMCO gates in the modern concourse B.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by jmr50
How about the concourse C/D rats? Perhaps they could be spray painted -- they're much less professional than the roaches near the PMCO gates in the modern concourse B.
The mice are one of the few things that will remain from PMUA.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by PVDProf
Ah, another rebranding for the "temporary" terminal.
Fixed it for you. It's "temporary" in the same way that I am. I'm young enough that I may live to see it replaced, but I'm not placing any bets on that.

Originally Posted by last2board
The mice are one of the few things that will remain from PMUA.
Actually, if you look really closely you'll see that a number of the mice have already had the tulip on their tails replaced with a globe. But you have to kind of lure them in with a handful of the snack mix from the towers before you can see it.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
Actually, if you look really closely you'll see that a number of the mice have already had the tulip on their tails replaced with a globe. But you have to kind of lure them in with a handful of the snack mix from the towers before you can see it.
Ohhhhhh Noes! That is the final straw! I will be flying Soutwest exclusively from now on, although that will limit my trips to Asia and Europe.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by boilerla
Looks like the IAD rebranding has started. Could see several new signs covered up by the old tulip at the checkin counters. Gate areas still look mostly unfinished, but I imagine they'll be done by the weekend if not tomorrow night.
Sorry no pictures; I was in a hurry and my mobile boarding pass was giving me fits so I didn't want to mess with the phone while I had it working (arg).

Wish they would get on with LAX already. It looks the most tired & sad of all the hubs. Some of the tulips lost their red and/or blue a long time ago...
There are still plenty of tulips at IAD and the signture united U logo aka the tulip but yes rebanding has amped up.... New podiums , just this past week when I was coming through IAD the red carpets were being swapped out ..... IAD now has the blue carpets
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
There isn't enough paint, globes, and branding in the world to fix the UAX 'A 'Terminal, it will always remind me of PMUA........See you on two week's express jungle.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, UA SLV, MR LT PLT PRM, HH DIA, IHG PLT, SW CP, MVCI CHM LVL, HERTZ PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Madone59
There isn't enough paint, globes, and branding in the world to fix the UAX 'A 'Terminal, it will always remind me of PMUA........See you on two week's express jungle.
Boy, you aren't kidding. That place is a dump. I just flew through there to RIC. The highlight was watching the LSU-ALA game through the window of the bar!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.