Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any reason not to link my OnePass and MileagePlus accounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA; The Peninsula

I received an email from "Continental Airlines OnePass" requesting that I link my OnePass and MileagePlus accounts. Is there a reason to wait?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:26 am

I'm still holding out hoping there will be bonus miles. As a non-UACO elite at the moment, there's nothing to gain, so why not wait to see whether they offer something like NW/DL did? (IIRC, it was 1000 SkyPesos in that case.)
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Not that I can think of. One reason to get the link in place would be to ensure your lifetime EQM are properly consolidated when they merge the two during a one-time sweep at the end of the year. But that may not actually require they be linked. In the meantime, at least, miles earned this year will be combined towards premier status.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
This:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-end-year.html

Conflicting messages on whether those of us who had forced early deposit will be able to extend to EOY / Jan '13
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta,United 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Anyone determine whether its better to use one or the other account when booking? I am CO Plat and have flown a couple of UA metal flights and did get upgraded - but I am left to wonder if they match my status across to UA if using that number will make it easier on future UA flights.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Rule of thumb - use UA on UA and CO on CO
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:57 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by jgcii
Anyone determine whether its better to use one or the other account when booking? I am CO Plat and have flown a couple of UA metal flights and did get upgraded - but I am left to wonder if they match my status across to UA if using that number will make it easier on future UA flights.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-mp-vs-op.html
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you don't link your accounts by telling them which UA and which CO account belong to you, they will try and guess which to link it to when they do the merge.

I'm guessing if you tell them now, there's no chance of getting it wrong.

If you leave it to them to try and apply rules through software, well I'm not sure that's gonna work for everybody.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta,United 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Yeah thanks. I was a bit embarrassed when I noticed that thread shortly after posting my question. Need to practice the old standby of reading all the instructions before starting.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
No worries; the information can fly fast and furious in the forum; just wanted to make sure you saw the active discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.