Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changing a Seat / Making Sure I'm on Upgrade List

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

I'm a OP Gold, a MP nothing.

I purchased tickets out of IAH with my corporate travel agent on flights operated by United Express. No CO code share numbers that I could find. Travel agent gave me seats (as they always do) including one in the last row.

The ticket was purchased with my One Pass number (I previously had travel agent purge my MP number from the system).

I tried to change my seats. On Continental.Com, it shows me that the bulkhead seats are available on both flights and apparently lets me click on them and reseat myself. But when I check back later, I'm back in my original seats.

On United.com, on one flight it doesn't show the bulkhead as available and on the other, it won't even give me a seat map.

Besides trying to get better seats in coach, I don't even know if I'm on the upgrade list. (Flight is to Montreal and I have "B" class tickets).

Suggestions / workarounds or am I stuck with this situation until the merger is all worked out.

[1500+ miles in an Express jet but that's a different issue]
Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Call?

As an OP Gold you should have access to any open seat in economy.

Be careful some bulkhead seats on some UX flights should be avioded -- UA does not treat bulkheads any different than E+. Seatguru.com is your friend.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I have experienced some odd things on UA Express flights from IAH. I would suggest calling and asking for the seats you want. Make sure it is really your CO number on the reservation. If there more than a couple weeks before departure you can do a status match to MP. That will fix the issue.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Air Houston
I have experienced some odd things on UA Express flights from IAH. ....
yes the CO "operated" UX flights are an odd duck. Many issues
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

So I called CO's Elite line this morning. According to the woman there, I am booked in row 3 - bulkhead, as I tried to change to. According to the websites, even as of a few minutes ago, I'm in the back of the bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.