Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Certain Lufthansa Fares (LH) earning only 50% or no EQM/RDM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certain Lufthansa Fares (LH) earning only 50% or no EQM/RDM?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would be surprised if UA sold an LH K as anything other than a K.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
What airline, flight number, and booking class appeared on your reservation?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by PushingTin
Is there a table for conversion between UA and LH codes?
They're supposed to be aligned, but I wouldn't guarantee it. And when there are differences, it's not always a 1:1 mapping
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
But will post March 2015 if 016 ticket.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
They're supposed to be aligned, but I wouldn't guarantee it. And when there are differences, it's not always a 1:1 mapping
They usually are. The TATLs definitely are.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Million Mile
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
They can't because they don't know. That's the nature of codeshares, and one reason to avoid them. When purchasing a codeshare flight, you have to call to find out the underlying fare class if it matters to you.

They didn't lie - you just failed to do your homework. Chalk it up to experience.
When they indicate one fare class on the reservation and it changes, it's less than honest. Call it what you want. I call it a lie. "I failed to do my homework. Chalk it up to Experience?" So what you're saying is buyer beware, we can't count on this crap airline for honesty. 1K, Million Miler, doesn't matter, they will dick you wherever they can. Got it . . thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by kd_LAX
When they indicate one fare class on the reservation and it changes, it's less than honest. Call it what you want. I call it a lie. "I failed to do my homework. Chalk it up to Experience?" So what you're saying is buyer beware, we can't count on this crap airline for honesty. 1K, Million Miler, doesn't matter, they will ---- you wherever they can. Got it . . thanks.
Ouch. Yes, you got burned on this one. Surprisingly enough they're not actively trying to deceive you.. which is key in "lying", they simply don't know where it's going to map in LH's.

I'm not a huge believer in "lying by omission", but I can see where you feel shafted. It's unfortunate, just learn and move on IMO even googling "LH K fare" returns significant articles regarding this.. I suggest doing this when booking any *A cheap fare.

Good luck.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Am i understanding correctly that flying those same itineraries this year wouldn't even get me to silver status?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Given the change in partner earning starting 1 March 2015, this older thread is out-of-date.

New thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-even-0-a.html

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.