Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Onepass Plus CC "book any seat, any time using miles"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

I'm just now going through my mail and see this mailer about "new" benefits of the credit card, including "book any seat, any time using miles...if seats are available for sale, they can be redeemed at the easypass reward level" starting Aug 1st. It mentions continental flights, so does this mean their metal, or anything that comes up on their site? Is there something special I need to do to access these flights because I know there are a bunch of CO metal flights the days I'm looking, but most don't come up when I'm searching for an award flight.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:30 pm

EasyPass only works for CO metal flights. CO can't control the award inventory of its partners.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
If you can book any seat at the lower award levels, this is a huge benefit! Can someone else confirm?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by 1k650
If you can book any seat at the lower award levels, this is a huge benefit! Can someone else confirm?
EasyPass is the higher level, SaverPass is the lower.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by IAHRyan
EasyPass is the higher level, SaverPass is the lower.
So - this is nothing new then...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by 1k650
So - this is nothing new then...
Not for CO -- I believe that this will extend to UA holders and UA metals so that is why it is being touted as a new benefit.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by edcho
Not for CO -- I believe that this will extend to UA holders and UA metals so that is why it is being touted as a new benefit.
You could always book a standard award on UA, no need for a credit card.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by travel.flier

And if there was a seat available for sale you would get it?

Of course you could always book awards.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
And if there was a seat available for sale you would get it?

Of course you could always book awards.
Yes, UA standard awards book into F/J/Y revenue inventory. So this is nothing new for UA flyers.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by sensei
Yes, UA standard awards book into F/J/Y revenue inventory. So this is nothing new for UA flyers.
UA Insider has already told us that one of changes coming to M+ that only holders of certain credit cards or elites will be able to book standard awards. Why UA would do this is beyond my understanding: burning miles in UA's interest, and at the standard award levels, even someone with 1 MM RDMs would see them evaporate pretty quickly.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Angry Thoroughly Confused about this

I was on the phone with Chase and with United regarding this policy and they werent sure if it had to be a seat with upgrades available or just a seat for sale.

EXACTLy what is this policy on the Presidential Plus card and how do you get it enforced? I have a flight to AMS tomorrow and want to take advantage of it.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
EXACTLy what is this policy on the Presidential Plus card and how do you get it enforced? I have a flight to AMS tomorrow and want to take advantage of it.
You need to buy an EASYPASS award if you want the seat. Its not valid for upgrades or saver inventory.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:57 am
Suspended

Not true, Ive seen as recently as last week when I didnt log in it wasnt showing any seats even for SleazyPass , logged in and as a 1K bingo it appears.

So the CC will as of 8/1 open the seats up as if the GM was a 1K

The way its going soon it wont pay to have any Status on COdbaUA simply get the top of the line CC instead

Originally Posted by TheMan
I was on the phone with Chase and with United regarding this policy and they werent sure if it had to be a seat with upgrades available or just a seat for sale.

youre SOL the OP said it starts Aug 1st

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 25, 2012 at 3:18 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.